EdgeRanger

Jul 24, 2002
Hey guys whats going on over here. I Have been riding dirt bikes since I could walk. First one was built by dad and had tranning wheels on it. But I'm now just really starting to get into this thing and looking around for info. Right now I have an 89 XR 250 Great bike and has never let me down. But I need some info on it. Since this is what i have now. ( I hope to bet a YZ450F) for next summer. Last weekend I took my bike out of storage. and if I would of put gas in it first it would of started right up on the secound kick. been in storage for about 3 years. and ridden seldomy for the past 4 years. So put gas it in and she starts. I got this bike used in about 95 and nothing but an oil change has been done. Now I'm Really into my truck, so I have some basic knowledge of maintince for engines. So I realize some things need to been done to the bike. I plan on changing the rear sproket, tire and the chain with in the next month or so. This weekend however I would like to at least do an oil change and change the air filter, and hit up the greese fittings. So my questions are. Where can I get an air filter and, do these have oil fitlers fuel fiters stuff like that. How much oil do these things take and what weight. Any info you can give on this or anyplace I can look it up would be really helpfull.

ghunter

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 24, 2001
Your best bet is to get to your local Honda dealer and get an owner's manual. This little book should get you started in the maintenance routine. If you plan on getting down and dirty and really bonding with your bike, ask about a shop manual, too.

EdgeRanger

Jul 24, 2002
yea thats what I figured but local shop is almost an hour away. but at least I can open my garge and have plenty of land to ride on. Thanks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom