I never run a scoot with out front disc guards

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
As soon as I bought my 2001 KDX 200 Igot them, had them on my KTM. I had different people give differnt opions." The hold the mud, Keep the mud out, protect in a crash, won't do squat in a crash".
I always get them cuz if you look at a old pair you'll see lots of scratches. I figure that would be on my forks. That's why we have skin, to be the first line of defence. I figure any little bit helps.
Joe
2001 KDX 200
2000 KTM 200
2001 yami 125 ttr (boy "A"s)
2001 Honda xr 80 (boy "B"s)

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Can't argue with your "better safe than sorry" logic. And I'm thinking about putting some on my machines. But in all the years I have ridden, I have never damaged a front rotor or caliper. So, are the protectors needed? Most likely not, but maybe I've just been lucky.

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
One of the reasons I use them is to protect the sensor and wires for my computer. To a limited extent they protect the disc and caliper.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I've always heard that the rear gaurds were recommended. I currently have neither - just living on the edge!!:scream:

MN KDXer

Registered
Jun 7, 1999
On the KDX, a disc guard is VERY needed. Without a fork/disc guard, branches can easily get lodged between the front rotor and the lower fork tube, resulting in a prompt trip over the bars. But, I suppose, IF you enjoy crashing... :eek:

Also, the fork guards give those low hanging fork tubes a little cushion when you smash into rocks.

Top Bottom