Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
... no really it followed me home, I think it's lost . Can I keep it?:yeehaw:

All of the sudden my trick CRF450 Supermoto bike feels sort of slow and lacking in the braking department. :whoa:

Attachments

• dx40_0355_drn.jpg
    dx40_0355_drn.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 398
  • dx40_0351_drn.jpg
    dx40_0351_drn.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 384
  • dx40_0353_drn.jpg
    dx40_0353_drn.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 380

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sweetness!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It makes nice sounds too. ;)

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Wow!

I think I'm going to go spend some time with a Harley Sportster to see if I can get one of those Ducatis to follow ME home!

Do you remember, Rich, if you did anything special to get a strong Harley 'scent' on you?

My good friend C. Finney was just about to spring for one of those, but then the new Yamaha WR250R was released, so now he's going for one of those instead.

Of course you'll let us know what you think!

Have Fun!!! :ride: :boss: :cool:

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
Was that the trail of olive oil dipped bread crumbs I saw going from MCC down the Eisenhour expressway towards Chicago Rich?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
RYDMOTO said:
Was that the trail of olive oil dipped bread crumbs I saw going from MCC down the Eisenhour expressway towards Chicago Rich?

Roy - It seemed like a more "Italian" way to find my way home than using a GPS. :whoa:

SpDyKen said:
My good friend C. Finney was just about to spring for one of those, but then the new Yamaha WR250R was released, so now he's going for one of those instead.

Ken - That was my first inclination as well. When they announced the 2008 WR250X I was ready to put down a deposit.

Logic dictates if I want (I won't say NEED ) a new street legal SuperMoto bike, I should just wait for AJ to get the 2008 Yamaha WR250X in at Service Yamaha and get a really nice bike for a really good price. I already had the money set aside for the Yamaha so there is no thinking involved, just waiting.

As luck would have it logic RARELY enters into the motorcycling arena especially where Italian bikes are concerned and I made the fatal mistake of taking my buddy Geoff who owns MCC up on his offer to ride the demo Hypermotard S he had at the shop.

Even without curvy roads, or great scenery (I was riding in flat boring Lombard, Il) it was the single most entertaining motorcycling experience of my life. BAR NONE.

If AJ rode this bike I KNOW which direction he would tell me to go. Crack dealers always know when the competition has a better product. If Charlie rides one he'll likely follow the same torturous path I did. :)

It is sort of funny (maybe sad) that I have friends like AJ and Geoff Mellinger (Ducati Crack dealer and moto enabler supreme). They seem like really nice guys on the surface but deep down they both are really nothing but Lucifer's Cabana Boys, leading poor unsuspecting dolts like me down the road of financial ruin. They smile and laugh with you as they dangle shiny red toys in front of you, and say "come take it for a ride I think you'll like it."

Evil bastages. :p

I had to sell two of my favorite bikes to get this thing, and I'll be poor for a LONG time paying off the balance, but I couldn't be happier with my decision. Every time I throw a leg over it I grin like a goof, just like I did when I was a little kid riding my CB100. It's one of those bikes that remind you why motorcycles are just so much fun.:cool:

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
and Okie's right . . .

we live in interesting times these days. Vehicles as art. Awesome.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Very, VERY nice.:):yeehaw:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Chili said:
Sweet! Congrats, what scoots are on the block or did you already move two of em?

I already sold my Triumph Bonneville and my YZF444 Supermoto/DTX bike . :( The good part is I sold them both to close friends so I can still ride them and buy them back if they ever put them up for sale. ;)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Rich... I'll gladly "store" that for you during the winter months!

Very nice!!!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Nice looking ride there Rich! ;)

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
Very perty Richie....

Perhaps you'll appreciate it when I tell you my dirtbike host today, inside of the first five minutes of our introduction said "I just bought a new bike (Honda 919)... What I really wanted", pause, sideways glance...Raise eyebrow to assess whether this white-haired grizzled dowager humped mama who had limped from her rusty ol' pick-up truck might know anything at all about bikes.... Gentle, doubtful-yet-hopeful query: "Have you heard of the Hypermotard... It's a Ducati"... to which I had to contain myself from busting a gut laughing.

"Yeah, I knows that bike," I says.... :debil:

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You should have described the differences between the standard Hypermotard and the S model. His head would have unscrewed and a prize would have popped out. :)

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
Well... I didn't discuss the differences, but I did hint at the engine displacement to suggest I wasn't emptily nodding like the grinning ignoramous I am.... .

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Very, very nice Rich but you can't keep it. I lost mine the other day and it looks just like that. It tends to follow people home so I've been working more on the obedience portion of our relationship.

Twinny, shut your cake hole, you'd poop your pants just at the mere sight of it.

Top Bottom