I told you to stop me! New KDX is in the house !!!!!!!

Tom L

Dec 18, 2004
Congrads!!! Now it's time to start ripping it apart!!! Take off that airbox lid!!! Just cable tie the little electrical thingy to the frame!!! Grease up the steering bearing and rear linkage and swingarm bearings. Pack em full. Kawi only puts a booger size dab of grease on them. Then let the mods begin!!! Pipe, silencer, reeds, carb mod, head mod, sprockets. Have fun!!!

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
I know the feeling Good to be ALIVE!!

She sure looks good,
pay heade to Tom L, I have just finished greasing my '05 220 this eavening.

There is no grease on these fittings - seriouse-!!
'Have not done the steering head as yet, but will get to it asap.

Tip: if u have trouble with the dust seals on the swingarm pivot, fiddle with a flat screwdriver then pull them out, the one on the right came out in my fingers, the other needed a pair of pliers to pull thit out.
Once again fantastic choice, she will give u years of good service.

redramhemi

Jan 27, 2004
why stop you from making a good choice? Ive had mine for a year now and love it. ( its my aftermarket parts money pit) :cool:

Airlooped

Feb 1, 2005
Congrats on your new KDX! I also pulled the trigger this week on a new 04 KDX220....before they are all gone. I love the two-stroke power!

Viva la 2-strokes!!!!

sether

Aug 24, 2004
Glad you didn't stop me! First ride, shock and awe.

Took it out yesterday on a 40 mile desert loop. At first I was a little slow not knowing how she would handle but after out 10 miles I was whooping it up. Long time since I rode a two-stroke. Set the forks and shock 8 clicks out, checked the sag, pulled the air box lid, trashed the Kawasaki air cleaner and repalced it with a well oiled UNI. I had a blast. More low end than I thought, nice mid-range hit, stock power was great and the forks worked well for my 200lbs. Pulled the front end up 1st to 3rd anytime I wanted. The KDX is a beautiful thing. It is everything my DRZ-400 isn't. :blah:

Right now she's is in the shop getting everything greased. Utah Skid plate, CR Hi-rise Renthals, and springs are on order.

Biggest let down? The stamped out cheesy execuse for a shift lever.

Glad I didn't spend $2K more on a KTM 200 EXC. This bike works very well for this 46 year old trail intermediate skill level rider.

I think I'm in love.

Thanks for the help!

:boss:

Last edited:

sether

Aug 24, 2004
ScottZJ said:
NIce KDX. I just got me a nice 2000 KDX and I love it. Time for mods now eh.

See "First Ride, shock and awe".

Basic mods first, but it works great stock! Can't wait for a "low-end" pipe...

:ride:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom