IT1985

Oct 24, 2007
from the ground up, but I do not think that I will be able to find EVERY part that I need. Is there anyone here that knows what parts will work on an 86 frame? Like Engines, Forks, and exhausts?

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Why do you want to do that?

If you really like the looks of a '86 why not buy a complete bike, then tear it all the way down and rebuild? You would at least have all the parts.

I have an '86 YZ-125 and have been able to get most of the common parts from online OEM retailers. Gasket sets, chain guide, radiator hoses, even a full set of plastics. When I needed a new radiator, however, I had to go to an online auction site.

Rod

IT1985

Oct 24, 2007
I cant find a complete bike for less than a grand around here, If I could I would definately go for it. What Im trying to do is get whatever parts I can find, if Im lucky enough to find a parts bike, then Ill get that and put whatever it needs onto it. I just figure that if I could find interchangeable parts, it might make the searching easier.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
BigRedAF said:
Yamaha sold a 360 kit for that bike over the counter, good fun...

I had a friend that built one, it ran better than the YZ490's.

My riding lawn mower runs better than the YZ490, come to think of it, it handles better too! :nener:

Riding a YZ490 is like riding a three legged bar stool down a set of stairs. ( I think that's a Super Hunky quote ) Or maybe it was like pushing a grocery cart with a busted wheel, can't remember. Hunky has a bunch of good quotes on the YZ490. :p

PlowboysGhost

Nov 19, 2007
2strokerfun said:
Yeah, he really needs to quit holding things in and learn to say what's on his mind.

Impossible! You can't tell which end of his body his opinions are coming out of, though.

I'd love to park my (evil, unrideable, death-trap)ATC250R or Tecate up one of his orfices. To hear him say it, it's a wonder none of my 35-plus 3-wheelers in my life didn't sneak into my house and murder my whole family, ...or at least flip over when I turned on the garage light and spooked them.

Top Bottom