Idiot parents giving rides

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
LoL... I was at the trailer shop picking up a wheel chock for my bikes, when the guy there tells me this story of how he was crossing creedmoor (a heavily trafficked one) road on his atv, and the tail end of his atv was hit by a car. He broke 4 ribs, and had to stay in bed for a month. He was very excited, so I just stared back at him like he was an idot. End Of Story

I just cant bileve all these idots. I can respect the guys on quads that have protective gear on, and ride responsibly. But the other 99.99 percent of quad owners I cant stand!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I don't know....I feel like a looser going over to their house and preaching. Heck, I used to ride a Z-1 900 without headgear..in a former life of course. :)
All kidding aside, I will talk to my neighbor, for what good it will do.
I have a buddy who bought a 4-wheeler this year. He rides with about 20 other guys who have places down on Ky lake. None of them wear helmets at all. I aske my pal wht he was thinking....he claimed he understood that he would me much better off with some protective gear but he just feels so out of place, I think "dufus" was the term he used. I quickly told him I'd rather be a helmet wearing dufus than to be wearing mortuary make-up. Kills me... the guy agrees with me, but won't wear a helmet because of a style issue... (shakin head)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Since he may kinda' blow off the whole getting killed thing ask him what kind of dofus he would look like sitting in the corner with drool coming out the corner of his mouth and wearing pajamas and starring at the wall.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
These parents should remember what kind of example they are setting for their children. :| When the parents have no respect, how do they expect their children to behave? I am not against people riding their dirtbikes or quads, but we have to keep in mind what repercussions may result, especially with our dwindling riding areas. And to add riding with no helmets with children on board just adds fuel to arguments for more restrictions. :(

Motohead00

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
WELL ONE OF OUR LOCAL PAY TO RIDE PLACES
FOR 4X4'S ATV'S AND BIKE'S RULES STATE
BIKE'S HAVE TO HAVE HELMITS
ATV'S NO HELMITS REQUIRED???????????????

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Jaybird
he claimed he understood that he would me much better off with some protective gear but he just feels so out of place,
Tell him he can start a trend...... No really! I used to live on Long Island and we rode jetskis up there. No one wore a helmet and I looked around and thought, one slight bump, go unconcious and drown. You aren't just falling on the dirt here. I started wearing my helmet (which floats if you didn't know it) and most thought it wasn't necessary but within a few months all of the serious riders had them on. :cool:

Treestomper

Sep 16, 2001
I saw this one dude on a street bike that had his helmet tied to the side of the bike while he was flying down the highway. Does he think it will help him when he hits a car?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
hehehe....he probably has it for when he snags a babe, or rides accross a state line that requires lids.

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
man i always wear a helmet, unless im putting my bike away, aka riding from the driveway to the backyard in 1st gear....
i never wear a helmet on my bicycle but on anything with a motor i wear one. we have lots of friends on quads, and they wear more gear than i do, but mainly cuz im poor and there rich;)
ive seen those people on quads(and bikes) without helmets, riding WFO on the road, yes they were hillbillys, yes i did too, before i knew better, and yes it was in west virginia. my cousin was riding a "sport" quad, or at least the ones that dont have racks and reverse and 4wheel drive.... on the road, WFO, on bald, BALD tires, his left front tire with about negative 5psi, and his girlfriend on the back. once he realized his tire was flat tho, he let her off and she got on the hayride with the rest of us. (my other cousin was driving the tractor, with a cooler full of beer by his side, and if i remember right 4 more in the back) boy was that fun!!:p

Last edited:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Quote "WELL ONE OF OUR LOCAL PAY TO RIDE PLACES
FOR 4X4'S ATV'S AND BIKE'S RULES STATE
BIKE'S HAVE TO HAVE HELMITS
ATV'S NO HELMITS REQUIRED???????????????"

that's a flame in itself!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…