bebalo

Mar 30, 2002
I've got a friend who I think is retarded. He just got an XR 200 and thinks that owning a bike makes him an expert on it. Yesturday at school, he asked me what the little screw with a spring on it near the carb is. It sounded to me like he was talking about the screw that sets the idle speed so I told him so.

Then, today he came to school and said that when he fiddled with it his bike now has way more power and acceleration. When I tried to explain to him that all it does is set how fast the motor is reving when the bike is idling, he wouldn't listen because he's one of those people who are too full of themselves to listen to the advice of others.

I, admittidly, am not an expert when it comes to dirtbikes. I posted this topic because I wanted to see if there is in fact any truth to what he told me (getting more power by fooling around with idle) or if my presumption that he doesn't know squat all and is stupid is right.

Thanx in advance for answers.

grass-digger

Oct 21, 2001
i think your friend doesen't know squat not dicing your friend but all the bike will do is leave quicker when you pop the clutch but that is only from the engin reving at faster speeds tell your friend to buy himself a manual so he can accually see that that screw only ajusts the speed of the engin

Top Bottom