Idle Stinks

warriorman05

Sep 6, 2003
I'm working on a friends TT-R 90, and I know that this is probably a really stupid question, but I cant figure out which screw is which on the carb. Also what should the screws be set at, and how can I get it to idle correctly?
thanks a bunch...im a newbie
warriorman

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
well i don't work on the ttr's often but usually the idle adjustment is usually the larger knurled knob in the center of the carb. sometimes angled upward a little. the air fuel mixture is often small and either onthe far right or far left of the carb.
how to make it idle better is a tough one. It could have a burnt valve causing your problem or something as simple as a clogged pilot jet. What have you done so far?

Starting with removing the carb, removing the jets and carefully cleaning them with carb cleaner is a good start. If the problems started after it had been stored for a while I would for sure start there...then get back with us and we can lead you better. I for sure would not jack with any adjustments until the carb had been cleaned.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…