If I had my way ....

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
OK, not exactly a proper flame (except the implied flame on society in general)...

If I had my way ....

1. DNA profiling would be done at birth.
The military mandates DNA sampling, while violent state felons must "volunteer" to give DNA. There is no civil liberties/Big Brother issue. If the CIA wanted you dead, you'd already be dead.

2. States would piggyback of a Federal ID card - kinda like Windows Authentication on SQL Server (sorry geek reference!):D

3. Sane profiling would be conducted at Airports. It seems I get picked every time - I'm an Irish Catholic, registered Republican and Reserve Officer. Get real! It angers me that assets are wasted on this type of (PC) token search. People who fit the profile should not feel discrimanted against, it's in the best interest of their safety too. Same as checking my ID when I use my credit card. It's for my own protection - why would I be offended? You know the lines would be much shorter and the security level improved if the Transportation Secretary would lay off the pc crack pipe. :think:

4. Cigarette butts would be given a redemption value.
Dropping an aluminum can on the sidewalk in LA can not be considered littering. Guaranteed it'll be picked up withing 1 hr. by someone who's glad to find it. I used to leave my bottles & cans in a bag by the trash so they wouldn't have dig. Wouldn't it be nice if butts didn't line every parking lot and street? Hey, the homeless need to make money too!

5. All beaches would be nude .... ok, clothing optional. Some people you just don't want to see naked! :eek:

Suggestions for the cabinet?

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Can we come up with a answer for all the freeloaders? I remember reading a science fiction book where freeloaders and those out of oxygen and food chits were simply loaded onto the garbage scow and shot off into space from the astroid. A little dramatic and real expensive at this point .....

Also can we figure out how to shrink the government. If it was a corporation, it would have long ago gone bankrupt, and it will someday at the present pace. Anyone believe they will collect social security? I am 51 and don't expect a cent. :ugg: Never mind how much I have put into the system. :whiner:

Could we not dole out pay the way it used to be done in the Army (at least when I was in)? Give all the money to each one of us and then tell us how much they want back for each of their little pet programs, be it defense, welfare, spotted owls, whatever ....

I bet it would not be long before the government was out of money, because people would quit giving it back. It would not matter what your political ideology is. Libs wouldn't support defense and Conservatives wouldn't support welfare in it's current state. ;) etc, etc .....

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Oh yeah, forgot to mention:

6. How about a 30-35 hour work week? 3 day weekends for everyone!

7. We'd just go TAKE the damn oil! - Currently under advisement.

p.s. - been to Europe - lovely place that!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by singletracker500

Why would you want to work that much?? :scream:
Agreed. 20 hours is pushing it. 2 8 hour days is just about right.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Im tearin' up here.
You are the man, Capt!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
#1 & #2 lets not and say we did. #3 & #4 I could live with. as for the work week. Okie you must work here at the U. lets have lunch some time.

Top Bottom