jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I'd have no luck at all.

Many of you may recall that ~4 weeks ago I underwent ACL reconstruction surgery along with some scoping on manisci for a good measure.

My ACL was completely torn from my femur and my MCL was torn too.

The surgery went well and my recovery was going great. The Dr. and the therapist along with other folks were all amazed at my progress.

Well - it all has come to a screaching halt...
Saturday I went to the local Kroger to get my Pops a father's day card. I walked into the store, and in a split second I was falling fast. The Coors guy had just been through the store and he left me a nice puddle of Colorado's finest.

I went down hard and fast and I heard an all-to-familiar CRACK sound as I hit the ground and then coiled in pain. I layed on the floor in severe pain for 10 minutes before I could even get up.

The store called the ambulance and they took my vitals and I sent them on their way. A report was filed at the store and I also have a witness.

Today I saw my surgeon and he checked me out. My knee is very swollen and hurts like it did when I messed it up the 1st time. To add, it feels loose and sloppy. My gut feeling is not good... I have to wait one week to see him again and most likely some more MRIs are in order too.

So it appears that another surgery might be required as well as a call to a good lawyer. :(

So - Does anyone here have any experience with this type of stuff? I need some input on what to expect and what types of things to look out for...

Bummed and in pain,
jeffd

Last edited:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
That sucks, Jeff. :ugg:

Jenny has had some experience with attorneys and injuries. Maybe she can give you some advice.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Man, that really sucks! I would just recommend that you document as much as possible and get the witness to recall the events sooner than later and get that notorized.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I never liked Coors!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Damn Jeff...sorry to hear about the streak of bad luck.

Like Natty said, I would be sure to have your witness give a full statement as soon as possible, before the events slip from his/her mind. Also, is there a way to find out who the delivery guy was, so you can document that as well? Maybe get in touch with your local distributor (?) of Coors? Would they be the ones that dispatch the drivers to the stores? In all experience I've ever had with dispatching, most companies keep a thorough log of who they dispatched when and where.

Good luck, I hope everything works out well for you in the end.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Thanks for the ideas and get well wishes. I have tried to contact a lawyer that was suggested to me but the ******* has not called me back. Man, I hate lawyers.

I did contact my witness and I expect to get a written version of her account soon.

I'll know more about my knee next week - however this week I can tell you it is loose and making all kinds of new popping sounds it wasn't making before :(

More to come...

-=jeffd

Last edited:
Top Bottom