If the world was perfect...

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Well, Eric's book generalizes a bit about engine theory, while still including some specific model tuning information. I noticed the pic of Rich on page 81 of the third edition (more specifically, the caption) while thumbing through the pages in the book store, then I flipped back to the cover to realize exactly what gold mine I had found, the book now lives on my shelf.

If you want to know how to tear down and then rebuild a particular machine, the the FSM is the only way to go. There won't be a lot of how it works there though. The manual is really about the best way to take it apart and inspect the remains.

So, I throw back a question, would you like to know the specifics of how to disassemble and reassemble your motorcycle, or do you want a better understanding of how dirt bikes work?

Now back to the original topic, If the world were perfect, there would be no abrupt topic changes in the middle of a discussion.

Last edited:

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
If the world were perfect we would all be able to ride gnarly trails to and from wherever we were going. um....
or fly!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Cman250 said:
Not to get off topic but how is that? I was thinking about buying that book but was wondering if i should just get a reapair manual for my bike instead??

Get them both. The factory service manual first, then Eric's book. Read them both cover to cover a few times.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
sixds said:
In the perfect world parts would be free:D
Parts are free, you just need to know where they are, and what time the people in the house sleep. J/K, in no way does the FruDaddy condone theft.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
if the world was perfect 15 year olds would be mature beyond their years and not be such a bunch of doofuses on message boards

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
XRpredator said:
if the world was perfect 15 year olds would be mature beyond their years and not be such a bunch of doofuses on message boards

Reason #1 as to why I'm glad I'm not 15 anymore. :)

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Haha, are you kidding me? I've posted 20 times from June 14th, until today.

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
In a perfect world: Children would say: "Gee riding in the car sure is fun!" and then they would fall asleep for the rest of the trip.

Ken

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
.......i could ride as fast as i wanted or liked to,, crash as hard as i wanted to,
and not have any silly or annoying repercussions from it..

also if things were perfect--
.......I could swipe preds cape undetected, stuff it in his airbox, then enjoy the fun of watching him endlessly kick ,
only to have one of the usual suspects- mully, gomer , truespode or twinspode laugh, and get blamed for it all..

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Us 2-stroke guys are getting a hard enough time..........it's "awEsome".

Thenk u

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
the lake was never choppy
i lived in california, hawaii, or tahiti
and i finished my eagle project so i could get my new bike!!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…