if you wanna ski/board while you're here

barring any miraculous software biz recovery, i'll be driving a snowcat at northstar (nice resort with killer tree skiing), and i'll have a couple handfuls of halfprice lift ticket vouchers, which should end up costing you about 28 bucks or something for an allday adult ticket. northstar is just outside of truckee, about 40 mins from downtown reno. unless EVERYONE wants to go, i should be able to scrounge enough vouchers for anyone who wants, so if you're interested, plan to bring your ski/board gear as well.

-mark

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Very cool Mark. :thumb: I'll take ya up on 2 vouchers. I think there are about 6 of us that are planning on skiing on Friday.

BTW - Can I take the snowcat spin ;)

bratt

Pain in da butt
SWEET! I'm in for two if you don't mind.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
May I speak up for a couple?

Thank you very much!

I'm still debating whether or not to go. I have this creepy old guy that keeps bugging me. ;)

biglou

A bunch of us MidWesterners were talking about maybe boarding Friday afternoon. Not sure if it will materialize or not, but there's probably going to me too many of us if we go, and we'll probably go on the spur of the moment. Anywho, it should be funny if we go. Tony's gonna be camera man, and I'm definitely wearing the Asterisks! :aj: And Jenny will probably whoop ass on all of us just like on the track... :confused:

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
I'm in for boarding!!! Count me in for one voucher. Thanks!

I dont' have board gear, do they rent? I might be able to borrow a board from one of my friends if not...

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Jenny's one of those warm-weather types, she might not know what to do . . . jk!!! I'm sure she'll pick it up much faster than I did.

I might have some spare gloves but that's it, I don't even have spare pants anymore. I grew out of most of my old stuff and my second pair of pants got ripped off at the ski hill last year. I might see if Keith has some extra coats/pants or whatever.

Lou, I wore my Asterisks all last season--they work great in the snow! We probably went 10-12 times from Jan until April and my bad leg never even got very sore.

NVR FNSH

Subscriber
Mark can you hold one for me? If Big Lou is gonna board I gotta see it.......

I'll volunteer to carry the camera - I'll be on ski's. Otherwise I'll board.

Brian

they do rent, and there are a billion other places that rent in truckee and reno. i forgot to mention, the coupons won't be good on saturday (if it's like last year), but the other days of the week, like friday, for example, will work. i'll hand out vouchers in person, or i'll think of something else at the last minute (will-call?) so that none of them get wasted on creepy old stalkers or anything.
-marlk

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Originally posted by bbbom

Hmm, I don't remember hearing THAT story!!! :scream: :)
Poor choice of words on my part . . . ripped off = stolen.

Too bad, that would be a great story.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
Now I gotta bring my skis too!? I dont have enough arm space for all this!
I mean, bikes, blenders, booze...................... I'll rent!

velosapiens

Please hold 1 voucher for my wife. She was planing on sking on Friday.

Email me @ Ric62@inreach.com

Thanks
Rick

Can I get two of those lift tickets? I won't mind combining the weekend with riding and boarding. My e-mail is jimdogsr1@yahoo.com, or jimmydanielle@comcast.net. Thanks.