Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Another school for me but I get out about 4:30 each day. If I make it up in time I'm thinking about Village Creek Tues night on the way up. Wed & Thursday night I'll probably do Mosier if they aren't rained out. I'll be the spode on the orange 125 #31 if anyone else is gonna be around.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
jeff,
bummer man. i would a made the trip to vc. i would of been whooped tired but i would of been there. next time pm me and we can get together.

gene

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I should've pm'd you. I was at VC Tues night, Mosier Wed & Thurs. Didn't see any of the NTSP but then again, they may have seen me and didn't want to associate with me after seeing me ride. :ugg:

I'm so out of shape. I've only ridden a couple of times since January and both my mind and body keep saying no, you can't do it. At VC I was busting my butt just to make it around the track. I wasn't doing any of the jumps because I didn't think I could control the bike for landing. Toward the end of the night I was getting a little better. I kept thinking it was because I had worked all day and didn't have much sleep the night before. Wed at Mosier wasn't much better. I was struggling to stay in the ruts and wasn't clearing many of the jumps. It was very frustrating because I used to could do almost all of them. Thursday I decided not to ride but go to the hotel after work. I took a little nap until about 6:15 and figured I'd go and just watch. When I got there they had quit charging and told me I could ride for free if I wanted. I met 3 guys that are all about 40ish and thought I'd give it another shot. Thursday was much better but it was also very crowded. I was a little nervous having guys jump over me so I figured I'd just work sections of the track. Toward the end I was doing better, started clearing a few jumps and staying in the ruts with a little more speed, nothing like I was 6 months ago though.

I think I didn't give my body enough time to re-coop from all the riding 3 days in a row. Nothing is sore but I have no strength at all. If it doesn't rain this weekend I may try and ride again so I can start to get back in shape. I miss not being able to do what I want to do on the track. The good thing is I was smart enough not to ride over my limit, had a safe 3 days of riding.

Top Bottom