im an idiot and a cheapskate !!!

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Hey guys n gals
Where do i start. Well 2 weeks ago we went riding and had a mad days exploring the local wilderness. To make the following days cleaning job easier we went to the local cars wash and pressure washed the bikes. Doing so we had removed the bags containing our 2 sets of riding gear. helmets goggles protective clothing etc from the back of the ute so they didnt get wet. And YES we forgot to put them back on afterwards... DOH !!!. We went bad but unfortunatly there was another ute with bikes there at the same time as us who SCORED bigtime... DOUBLE DOH !!!.But all has been replaced now and getting to my original post topic. After another great day out riding this weekend i lost my ignition key at some point after washing it again at the carwash... Does anyone know if i can simply bypass it somehow ???? Do i need to get a new key cut or buy a new barrel and key DOH. If its the latter two how do you get your ignition barrel out because i cant find it in my manual ??? Thanx all and the moral of the story is "Well i dont really have one but even a mad day can go bad so try not to forget the task at hand or it could cost you....Take care and have fun all.....And Im never going back to that car wash again....lol

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
thanx anyway guys but i managed to get it out very easily. you just take it out from the opposite side of the frame and unplugging it still wouldnt let it start. i think u have to complete the circuit by joining 2 wires.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Well...yeah.

If the keyswitch has two wires going to it, those wires need to be connected for the 'key' to be 'on'.

I think jag sorta figured that once you unplugged the thing, you'd stick something (metallic) IN the socket to get you going.

DVO

Nov 3, 2001
"If the keyswitch has two wires going to it, those wires need to be connected for the 'key' to be 'on'."
You'd be surprised... Most (or many) old ski-doos could easily be stolen by opening the hood and unplugging the ignition. Turning the ignition off simply shorted the circuit...disconnect the ignition, remove the short, voila it started. Could be it's not the same system with 2-stroke bikes though.
Just to say the suggestion made sense to me.
DVO

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
DVO:
You are correct. That did occur to me. I don't believe that is the case with the kdx, however.

Besides, if unplugging it didn't work, might as well try plan 'B'. ;) What's the worst that could happen? Major fire damage and loss of flesh?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom