Tigger

~SPONSOR~
Oct 29, 2000
Hi everyone I'm back from a long break.
Sunday was my first official race so here's the deal. I entered the 80's Powderpuff class ( lame name I know ) I'm still on my Kx 60 but there was also 100's 2 strokes in my class. I was nervous as heck :-( when the gate dropped I shot off of it like there was no tomorrow from what daddy said, I think? When I hit the 1st turn I thought oh shoot here comes the first tabletop that has a extremely hard to avoid KICKER!!!! I was in 2nd place while all this was going on. The girl infront of me was pretty fast and I had a hard time trying to pass her but eventually I did on the 2nd lap on the straight before you get to a step-up that we call Rocky Top. I went as fast as I could without riding over my head and that's how I came in first place. My dad said to do the same thing I did in the 1st moto so I did and I got a 1st overall. I'm gonna race Arenacross in January and I'm gonna try again at Waco and do the exact same thing I did on my very first race. it was soooooo much fun I just absolutly love to ride and race now IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO FUN!!!!!!!! :-)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
cool. way to go! i'll tell kendall, she'll like that.

what are you doing up this late? didn't your dad read the thread about bad parenting?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
CONGRATS TIGGER!! :yeehaw:

Wow... that is very cool! Sounds like an exciting race!! Having to come from behind and pass into the lead is about as good as it gets! Display that first place trophy well! Good luck at the AX! :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Sweet! 1st Overall! I need a coach. Think you could help me out at DW03?

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Way to go Tigger :) Two things spring to mind here: a young woman who'd lost her confidence (doesn't seem that long ago) and the same young woman who told Red Devil "what, me race, are you mad?"
Fantastic result. Jeff, I hope you're extremely proud (yeah, I know you are). You've got a total sweetie here and she's going to kick your butt hahaha :) (I'd love to see that, so if anyone has a video that day, please post it lol)
Michelle

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Fantastic Tigger! :worship:  Ride like the wind! 

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Yeah, I'm proud! She did a great job and showed good sportsmanship, winning 1st place is just an added bonus. She kept a cool head yet was extremely focused and determined to do her best. After her motos most of the girls in her race ended up in our RV and actually got to visit for the 1st time. One of the girls was a little irritating but the rest of the girls sort of overlooked that part.

I don't know if it was because "daddy's little girl" was in the race but it seemed that this was the race to watch. The battle for the 1st 3 spots got pretty close at times, one of the girls on the 100 was pretty quick entering the turns but Tigger was smoother all the way through. One of the SX pro guys there was talking to me about her riding after the races and mentioned her "standing" most of the time except for the apex of the turns. He said she definitely is developing some good skills at an early age. The little girl on the 50cc pro senior that won the 2nd moto was very fast. She's been racing for a few years and does very well in the male dominated classes. Tigger said she'll take her next time, I guess we'll be back at the track working on it some more between now & then.

Michelle. There was a guy there video taping her race for me. He is having to transfer it to VHS format for me, can't wait to see it.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by Tigger
I went as fast as I could without riding over my head and that's how I came in first place.

:thumb: Tigger, that's great. Way to go young lady. :worship:

Now, go to bed, it's past your bedtime. :) :)

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
tigger.............lets ask collin edwards if we can call you the texas tornado. fast with class jeff......cant get much better than that. we need to meet at burleson again. im ready to go to the track.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by tx246
fast with class jeff......cant get much better than that. we need to meet at burleson again. im ready to go to the track.
Gene, did I mention I probably rode in the wrong class? What the heck, it was fun.
Just give me a shout when your ready to go and I'll try and make the time. Would you rather take revenge at Village Creek instead of Burleson?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom