BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thanks to MX547 and Sawblade for inviting me(yet again) to ride at RV. The track is definitely weekend warrior friendly. Although I could have done without the whoop section I had fun.
1st moto I got a decent start off of the gate. They had watered after practice and the first turn was slick. I stabbed the rear brake and stalled the bike, bump starting was out of the question as I slid broadside hoping that no one t-boned me. After that, I was cruising dead last on a slick track. Sawblade was pulling me by 50-75 yards per lap. Last place after my first moto in two years, I'm cool with that.
2nd moto I got a great start, hit the first turn in 2nd or 3rd and made a good run at the first section. The center line was still soft and slick. The left line was fast and the right line was safe. I went for safe and I'm glad I did. I hadn't change my gearing and was still setup for woods. Tapped out in 5th gear EVERONE was flying by me, literally! At the end of the first section, roughly 125 yards, 4 tables and a single, I was bringing up the rear again. The track was much more tacky this time and I was able to work on my skills (or lack there of) under the lights. Next time I'll change back to stock gearing and maybe I can have a more respectable run.
It was fun racing with Jay and Tim again and it was nice to meet Williamson425. Thanks for the fun guys.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
it was good to have you out there brian. you did good. i wish we could get more of the woods guys to give it a shot.

Top Bottom