Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Had to edit cause it was worse than it is now. :confused:

I went to Burleson, MX547's fav track :p , for my 1st anniversary of racing. I opted for the over 25 instead of 125 novice even though I knew I would be out powered on a 125.

There were 7 of us and I got an okay start against the 6 250's lined up next to me but they pulled me toward the end. As I hit the 1st turn I managed to get around a few but was cut off by one of the other riders and rather than run him over I stalled instead, I blame that on my new boots.

I actually was beginning to catch up for the 1st couple of laps after I finally got it started but for some reason I was having a harder than usual time making it around the track. I finished the race dead last which was disappointing since my last trip there I led the entire race before being passed in the last corner. After the race I pulled into my pit to make a sammich and watch the other races. I thought it best after lunch to cruise around and try to loosen up my new boots a bit. When I got on the bike I noticed the back end kind of wobbling around a bit. Upon further inspection I found one of my rear wheel bearings was gone. :ugg: I checked with all the vendors but no luck so I loaded up.

As I was pulling out I stopped to say bye to some friends a guy told me to get on his bike and race it. I mounted a bored out YZ125 and told them to hold the gate. The only bikes I've ever ridden have been my 2 KTM 125's so this was very awkward. I got a bad start but had no problems catching up by the 1st turn. As I nailed it down the next straight I new this bike wasn't stock, it stood straight up and ripped. Only problem I had was I didn't feel comfortable in the corners and couldn't hang. I finished last and came home discouraged and no longer a beginner.

I'm am glad I raced today, if I hadn't my bearings would have gone out on the 1st day of Dirt Week and that would've sucked! :whiner:

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Timing is everything, or as they say every silver lining has a cloud! See ya in a week!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I know that's right Tony!!! See ya there
btw, when are you leaving to go up?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Monday AM as soon as I get loaded. The last stop will be to get couple of hundred pounds of block ice and then I am on the road.

I can't load up until Monday AM as I have a meeting in Breckenridge on Sunday afternoon ..... bet I wil be up loooooooong before dawn! :)

I saw that you and Tigger are in for 5 days, want to go up together?

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Sure. I am picking up Blackhawk468 in Denton at Gene's house (TX246) but not sure on the exact time yet. Guess we could stay in touch but I plan on leaving just after everyone one else has headed off to work. :thumb:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I'll post in the DW forum to see if anyone else is heading up from our direction on Monday.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom