Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Went to Burleson MX today (mx547's fav track ;) with a friend of mine. He's the one I posted about that's been riding the "beginner" class for the past 3 or 4 years and cleaning up. I line up on the far outside right while he lines up just to the left of the starting gate. As the gate drops I nail it in 2nd and make it to the 1st corner in 2nd spot with my buddy right behind me. Another rider passed us both about midway thru the race but I held on to 3rd for the entire race untill about 500' from the finish when I stalled the motor. My buddy passed me to take 3rd but I had enough time to start the bike after a few kicks and finish 4th while the other riders were still a good 10 to 15 seconds behind me.

2nd moto I lined up to the far left, a few positions to the left of my buddy and managed to make it 2nd to the 1st corner. (another 2nd gear start) (The reason I bring up the 2nd gear start is because I usualy never get a good start in 2nd at this track) About a 1/3 of the way into the 1st lap 1st place goes down & I move into the 1st place position and hold it the entire race untill I got to the dreaded spot 500' from the finish. The guy that fell passed me to take 1st place and I ended up 2nd for the moto & a 2nd overall.
I got this cool looking patriotic trophy that red, whit & blue with stars on it to add to the collection along with bragging rights that I finally beat my buddy that races begginer at every race since he's been racing. I've known him for about 2 &1/2 years and he's been racing for a few years before I met him. :thumb: :yeehaw:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Congrats Jeff. :)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
so, does this mean you're the sandbagger now? :debil:

way to go.

Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert
Went to Burleson MX today (mx547's fav track

not my favorite track, i'll admit. for some reason, i don't do well on the fast, no jump tracks. ironically, i love village creek (jump filled) but got hurt there.

for the record, i only raced beginner for nine months.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Thanks guys. If I follow the rules I can legaly race beginner untill the middle of Sept. I plan on following the rules even if I get smoked by the upper class riders. The way I see it I already have too many trophies even if the 2 1st place I have were practically gimme's. I"ve won about 15 trophies since I started racing last September and the last I checked all of them combined won't buy a loaf of bread. I'll move up when it's time just to gain experience from riding with faster riders. It would have been nice to win at least one race with a full gate while still a beginner.

Jay, Burleson isn't my favorite track either and I normally don't do all that well there either, today I was on the gas and for the most part hooking up. There is a new section in the track since you've been there. No it's not a jump! It's a little left then a 90 degree right just before the "long" table. There is no berm and it really sucks. I like Village Creek better myself even if you and Gene did get hurt. :p I don't know if it'll happen this year or not but I saw a deal on the internet about indoor arenacross in Stephenville on every Sat night from Nov thru Feb. Do you like arenacross? I'll be checking it out.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Sandbagger :p

Well done Jeff, pretty good stuff for an old man :)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Jeff, you realize you just qualified yourself for the A class at DW...

Cool, I'd really like to see how Busterwho and Dr. D handle that 2nd gear start of Jeffs! :thumb:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Jeff, you realize you just qualified yourself for the A class at DW...
Cool if I get to ride the B also. :yeehaw:

Originally posted by slo' mo
Cool, I'd really like to see how Busterwho and Dr. D handle that 2nd gear start of Jeffs! :thumb:
Bring'em on, I can handle it! I'll give'em a run for thier money! :thumb: *(see note)

*(note) At least to the 1st corner and no fair crowding

ps. I think this should have really gone into this thread http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59207

Last edited:
Top Bottom