Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Well the Kawazuki that Suzuki is still trying to sell finished exactly where I expected it too. I'm surprised the new Kwacker did so well right out of the box, especially since there wasn't any real motor changes.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
After reading the article it confirmed my thoughts after watching the boo koo arenacross last weekend...The new KXF250's holeshot just about every moto...It was blatantly obvious that it was stronger than anything on the track..They just looked real strong coming out of corners and down straights....It sounds strange but just watching the bike gave you the sense that it was a step above everything else.

Last edited:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Maybe I'm easily swayed... but that shootout has me thinking green for 2006. Hmm... I remember when I first rode the 2004 KXF... I really liked it, but wouldn't consider the switch because of the valve problems that a few of my friends had experienced…. I wonder if that's still an issue? :think:

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
Okiewan said:
I guess I'll just have to live with my electric motor and less noise :p

yeah, seriously WTF is this guy talking about not wanting his bike to be quiet and smooth power delivery? Why else would you buy a 250 four stroke? 250f is all about smooth linear power and if it is quiet that is just icing on the cake if you ask me.
If he wanted hit maybe he should stay with a 2 stroke :coocoo:

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
The only thing that SHOOTOUTS have ever proven to me is that.....different RIDERS like different BIKES. :ride:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
nikki said:
I wonder if that's still an issue? :think:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
mafols said:
The only thing that SHOOTOUTS have ever proven to me is that.....different RIDERS like different BIKES. :ride:
Amen to that one. Besides that who ever keeps thier bike stock anyway? ;)

J.B.426

~SPONSOR~
Mar 20, 2000
cnielse5 said:
Amen to that one. Besides that who ever keeps thier bike stock anyway? ;)

I do. ;)

I would buy the bike that fit me the best, and the one that I was most comfortable with its required maintenance. They all need it but some may need a little more than others.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
The only thing after market on Pred's bike is Pred.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
yeah, I looked at the riders and wondered why the Honda got dogged with 4th place by 2 riders and then 1st place by Pingree. Then I saw that Pingree is 5'7" 160lbs, and the other riders were 5'11", 6'2" and said that the red bike was too small. Shocked with the Kawi, but probably more shocked that the KTM has a very solid package.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
BTW, Okie why did you drop back to a 250F? I noticed you went from a 250f to 450F and now back. I am finally making the transition to 450f, just wondering?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
a454elk said:
The only thing after market on Pred's bike is Pred.

... and he is just a Chinese knockoff of Bigfoot. ;)

john3_16

May 17, 2004
zcookie49 said:
yeah, I looked at the riders and wondered why the Honda got dogged with 4th place by 2 riders and then 1st place by Pingree. Then I saw that Pingree is 5'7" 160lbs, and the other riders were 5'11", 6'2" and said that the red bike was too small. Shocked with the Kawi, but probably more shocked that the KTM has a very solid package.

I noticed that too... They need at least a couple of short, medium, and tall guys and see what they say...Ping was the only shorty there...The Honda is probably perfect for shorter riders...A bike that fits you is very important.

But you do get a consensus about how the bikes perform...Seems like they have some similar things to say about each bike...But they could give the reader more of an ability to distinguish each bikes characteristics if they rated the bikes in different performance categories instead of what's best overall 1..2..3...Then you have to go back and read what each tester said about XXXXX category and compare all their statements and it's not really always clear which bike they felt was better in each category...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom