In the shop with less two hours..

Toadady

Aug 1, 2004
I purchased a DR-Z110 for my daughter's 13th birthday. From the time I errrrmmm she rode it it had a stumble or a "spit" in it. So last night i took it to my parents house and my younger brother and I rode it a bit. during that time (1/2hour) it would studer when started up a incline, then i started smelling gas. The bowl drain hose would pour gas out, then stop, then pour again. So i shut the gas off, and called my dealer up. I took it back this eve. will pick it up Sat.

I understand that it's not gona have the "kick" when the throttle it cobbed. because of the lack of booster pump, but it should at least accelrate smoothly without spitting. As for the leak the dealer said that the seat for the bowl drain might have a burr on it.

i hope this Kawazuki crossover thing isn't each others way of unloading there pos's on each other

Feb 28, 2004
Im sure whatever it is they will fix it for ya. It sounds like it either is jetted way too richly or it does have an internal carb problem, such as the bowl or float thingy. Hope it works out well for ya. Let us know. Good luck! Mike :)

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
2 hours?
How many heat cycles have you put on that engine prior to running it under full load? It took my son's KLX 110 5 heat cycles till the rings seated & then it would run without the low throttle stumble.
As far as the fuel running out the overflow, before I even started the KLX, I removed the tank & flushed it out. I found 6 or 7 plastic shavings in the tank. If I had not done this those shavings would have caused the float valve to stick open.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom