dadof2racers

Apr 5, 2005
hi there, i rebuild the top end in my sons bike last week.
It ran fine to begin with, did the break in rode about 3 hours on it.
Son was riding it yesterday and the bike bogged and quit, not like a out of gas bogg but it still quit.
today i pulled the plug thinging it may have been fouled, it was still really clean almost new clean.No whiting or browning ot had a little gas still on it.
i changed the plug, fired the bike up let it idle and warm up. took it down the drive way 1 gear powerband,check seems to be running good second gear power band,still rippin then after when i shifted to about 4th and crack it it seemed to coff and spit, and not run right at all.then it died. i was close to the house so i pushed it back. pulled the seat, checked the filter,still really clean. pulled the carb off, looked in it clean,removed the plug at the bottom of carb..drained the fuel and didn't notice and dirt or grim. removed reeds they all looked good,nice and tight.
had a good peek inside cylinder everthing looked pretty normal.reinstalled everything- fired it right up took it down the drive way.. did the same dam thing.
im stumped
the only thing i did after the rebuild was adjust the air mixture screw a bit to try and take the inital bogg out at the start. i only turned it about a half to 3/4 from were it was when we bought the bike new.
i would sure hate to take it my local dealer to have them fix it, i want it back this summer lol there all super swamped around here.it would take about a month before they even look at it then god knows how long to order parts if need be ect.

Top Bottom