Indiana (Sun Feb 1) ~50 Degrees (Any Takers)

al_piv

Jul 26, 2002
LAWRENCE COUNTY RECREATION PARK
Sunday it may reach 50 Degrees -- I have major cabin fevor and need to get out of the house---
Any takers?

al_piv

Jul 26, 2002
unabiker -- sorry I did not catch you -- We had a great time -- We need a fund raiser for limitless : New Tires and a four stroke!

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Dude, I think we saw you down there! I was on a KDX(red F150) and al was on an xr400.... the other 2 guys were on xr250's

AL - What was that other guys name (not bruno)... New tires maybe, but a 4 stroke heh.... Lets just say I enjoy being able start my bike on the first kick after a SMALL get off. :)

al_piv

Jul 26, 2002
Limitless:
Your nick fits you, your limitless as long as the conditions are right.. :)
The other guys name was Scott.
You may be able to get yours started, yet it doesn't help much if you cant get it moving ;)

unabiker

Dec 16, 2002
Limitless-yeah I saw all y'all.
I don't know about you guys, but I'm still sore.
Thinkin' about going over to Haspin Acres this weekend.
Any takers?

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Sore, hahaha sore doesn't do that ride justice :)
What day/days are you planning on going? It's looking to be a cold one, so I'll have to see(30+ degrees and I'm in).

unabiker

Dec 16, 2002
I was thinking Saturday.
Weather.com says it's 'sposed to be 29 and sunny. To me, that means Carhart bibs and flannel shirt.
I've ridden there once before in very similar conditions. If the ground stays frozen, it won't be too bad. If there is any melting at all, last weekend will look like a walk in the park.

unabiker

Dec 16, 2002
I think they open around 9ish. It takes about an hour and a half or so to get there from the south side of Indy, so I'll probably roll in around 10:30 or there abouts.

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Yeah, I tried to talk one of my sissy buddies into going, but he has to work on his house (cough cough, sure he does). I didn't ask al cause I don't think he like laurel very much.

See ya there. :thumb:

al_piv

Jul 26, 2002
Limitless:Never been there--
How was the ridding?
This past weekend I was sicker then a dog... felt as if I was wearing a weighted down life jacket.. Lungs full of ****... Flu.....

Hope you had a good time....

unabiker

Dec 16, 2002
I wouldn't say we had a bad time. My buddy and I had studded out tires up the night before, so it was kinda like cheating...at least for a while.
I don't think Limitless had much fun though. No traction, fightin' his bike and being down right cold. Which ever weather dork said it was gonna be 33 was waaaay off target. I don't think it got over 20 the whole time.
A side note on Haspin: if you really want to enjoy the place, I suggest a selling your bike, getting a labotomy, leaving your helmet in the truck, buying a quad, and only ride it WFO with your head firmly tucked up your ne'er regions. You'll fit right in.

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I had fun, but like you said it was cold and I couldn't get any traction. My bike didn't want to stay started and did I mention it was COLD (& wet after falling in a few creeks). We'll have to do it again when it's not so cold and slippery, that way I won't hold you guys up on every hill.

As for the riding, it looks like an awseome system of trails from what I've seen. The trails were pretty good and the hills were great, but the fields are so rutted that I could barley get out of 1st gear safely. The MX track looked good except for all of the ruts, but they will grate it when the ground isn't frozen. I didn't see any doubles/tripples on the track we were on (they have 2) which is good for me cause I can't jump for sh**.

The only major problem I seen (aside from the ruts) is all the idiots. This was a really slow day for them because of how cold it was, there were only like 20-25 people out there, but half of them were just plain stupid. There were several quads doing 40-50mph through the parking area (15mph zone) without helmets on! :uh:

AL - If you plan on riding there I would do it on a weekday or when it's really cold. I couldn't even imagine the amount of idiot's that would be out there on a warm weekend. :worship:

Unabiker - CHEATERS!!!!! :laugh:

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom