Indiana (Sun Feb 1) ~50 Degrees (Any Takers)

al_piv

Jul 26, 2002
limitless, we need to get a pool together to get you new tires and ridding lessions...
You seem to know the ground really well, at LCRP you keep introducing yourself to it, and it seems as if you and the ground are starting to get too close... Not to mention your bike is scared crapless of hills... :) LOL

unabiker

Dec 16, 2002
good ol' self tapper sheet metal screws. About 250 5/8" ones on the back and 200 1/2" on the front.
This method works pretty good for about 2 hours. After that they start shedding. When they're in, you hook up great. They seem to go away gradualy, so you kind of adapt to the decrease in traction.
They work good enough to make me plan on getting a proper spiked tire for next winter. I don't know if I can justify the $350 or so for a Trelleborg, but I've seen someone selling spiked M12's for closer to $200.

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
A little bit of dirt never hurt anyone:) It's that dang rev pipe... it's hard to get traction when wet and has very little low-end. I'm thinkin' of either porting it for low-end or getting a torque pipe (along with vforce reed cage...and tires). I'm getting new fork springs in a week or two (they're being shipped wed. or thurs.)..... I still have a lot of stuff to do to the ol' KDX before I get it just right, but it's coming a long (I NEED A JOB!). As for my riding, I'm "improving"... I just like to take my time learning:) ::remember I've only been riding a "real" bike for 5 months::

I think we need to get you some spelling "lessions"!?

I think he uses 5/8 screws in the rear and maybe 1/2 inch in the front? I'm not sure about the front though... They seemed to provide a bit of an advantage though(wish I had thought of it).

BTW - I think I was faster on on the ttr?... My next woods bike will definitely be a 450mxc. (in my dreams anyway)

Last edited:

unabiker

Dec 16, 2002
Dude, get that KDX jetted right before you spend any dough on pipes and porting. You're way rich right now, especialy down low. You'll be amazed at what a difference propper jetting will make.

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Yeah, I plan on working with that before I do much of anything (aside from tires & springs)I need to get some money for jets and some warmer weather to get out and mess with it. Thats the first time its ever ran like that..... Usually there is no problems except for starting when its real cold. I think I'm gonna move the clip up one pos.

Rev

Mar 6, 2001
Limitless. (Hi Al. This is Bobby and bernie`s cuz`nlaw here)Don`t sell the rev pipe yet. I have a KDX200 with a Rev pipe ran like a 125 very quick but no low end swapped it with a torque pipe, big differences but the Rev pipe from a 200 is a torque pipe for a 220. I sold it to bernie he rides a 220 and loves the pipe.Listen to Unbiker get the jetting right for the temp you are riding in. your jetting will be rich now but will have to start leaning it out the warmer it gets.A little differents in jetting makes a huge difference in the way the bike runs also 1/8 turn of the air screw makes a big diff.also When the jetting is right with that pipe you will love the bike. If not mine is for sale 2000 KDX 200. I bought a KTM300MXC. Plainfield huh!!I live in Brownsburg We all need to go riding but it`s to cold for me I`m getting to old and get cold to easy. When all of us get together we have 3 Ktm`s 1 DRZ400 1 KDX220 1 XR400 1 YZ250 1 YZ250F 1TTR125 we have a ball. see ya in the mud

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
the Rev pipe from a 200 is a torque pipe for a 220

That's why I was considering getting it ported by EG, for that all around power(mostly on bottom).... It just doesn't have enough torque for me, but I will get that all worked out eventually. I do need to get it jetted though... I havn't touched the jets since I bought it cause it's always ran good. Well, that and I really don't know how, but I've been reading up on it though. So like I said I'm just waiting on the weather.... I don't ride much in this cold/snow.

We are having that ride down in kentucky in april (as I'm sure you know) wich should be a blast, but I'm sure we can all put together a lil' sumthin down at LCRP or possibly laurel depending (once again) on mother nature.

BTW - al or anyone, there is a race in TN near nashville this weekend I'm hopeing to attend. If you guy's wanna go let me know(car pool or sumthin)?! It will be a sloopy one, but nonetheless a race.... 50 fri. few showers, 60 sat. heavy rain, 40 sun. few showers (sunday is race-day)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom