dmcc

Apr 3, 2002
OK, ok, I know, Kawasaki will never listen to us on this one, but what the heck, we can still dream, can't we? Just let me know, if produced, would you buy a KDX300? Why or why not? Any special requirements? THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT!!!!!

Personally, I would buy one in a heartbeat (in case you haven't figured that out yet). Reasons? Even more lowend power with a broad, smooth powerband(hopefully), long engine life(just talk to other big-bore 2stroke owners), and possibly a wider range of speed, i.e. a real granny first with high speed in 6th. I think a 300 could really pull the wider gears and probably shift less in the woods. I also believe that current, common technology is ripe for a bigger engine in a bike that ways the same or less than our 200's.
F.Y.I. I ride a kdx200 and really enjoy it, but in the places it falls a little short I think a 300 would be perfect.
Take a second and voice your opinion either way! Thanks again!

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I would buy a KDX 300, but only if it was a 2 stroke unlike the KLX 400. It shoul dhave mor eof a powerband and a better suspension. In the timke that I have had my KDX 200, I have NEVER had a problem with it so far (except it falling off my friends trailer LOL) I got it in September, and am liking it very much!

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
The bike is cool, but quite outdated. The chassis is really small. The engine looks good, but is more of a street design than I would like.

That engine in a modern KX chassis would be enough for me. I would not buy the bike the way it is.

I would also hate to put the money into it to bring it up to standards. The conversions to the KX plastic some of th eguys have done look great.

dmcc

Apr 3, 2002
For clarification--yes, I'm talking 300cc TWO-STROKE. Iwould also like to clarify that the 200 powerband is good, but I'm wishing for a 300 with more everywhere but in the same manner as the 200.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I am convinced they will not make one, but if it was all new and competitive in every way to a KTM or GG300 but cheaper, I would be interested.

dmcc

Apr 3, 2002
Like I said on my last thread on this subject, look at the dry weight of a KX500. 3lbs lighter than my 200! May have to work on the agile part though!

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
I went to Kawasaki.com and e-mailed them requesting a KDX300. Maybe if enough people do this, they'll hear us. Go to "CONTACT US". Scroll to the bottom and select "I have another question not listed here". Hit the "Submit" button, then type in your info and message. Let's see if anything happens!!!

dmcc

Apr 3, 2002
Thanks Tom! I haven't tried that yet. I wonder how many "requests" it will take to get their attention. Do you think anybody from Kawasaki ever visits this site?
Come on guys, who else wants a KDX300?

Rich Graham

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2002
Dream on! It's a nice wish but Kawi coulda pulled a KTM many moons ago by sleeving the 250KX and changing the gearbox. Just Imagine! They apparently don't think there is a market for it. However, if you wanted to go that direction bad enough...... Snap up a used KX250(98 was a good one),sleeve it to 300cc(available),skid plate, handgrds, then the big move is to set the gearing;stk13/48,add two or three to rear and first is to low but you get to drag 3rd & 4th, or take teeth away and lug the motor. You could swing it for $4000. I've been racing 89 KX250's for years(last year with conventioal forks!).I love smoking newer bikes with one I set up for less than $2500. My 97 KDX will probably end up around $3500 or so when all is done.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
I would only buy one if they put it in a modern kx chasis. :aj:

flying W

Mar 30, 2002
I would buy the first one I saw if it had the same maners as a 200. I wonder how much money it would cost Kawasaki to bring such a product to market? It seems they could just take the current KX250, Put a bigger cylinder, add some low end power, change gear ratios, change suspension valving, bigger gas tank, add lights and upgrade stator.

dmcc

Apr 3, 2002
It may be a mixed bag for Kawasaki. Even if they know they can sell a 300, the 200 and 220 are selling and they haven't had to retool since 1996! I realize the chances of Kawasaki listening to us are slim, but it's worth a shot, and the time is right with offroad bikes getting more popular again and KTM having proven a 300 will sell and stay popular after its sold! How many used 300exc's do you see for sale? I'd like to hear from more KDX riders, and the ones that say yes should take a second and go to the Kawasaki page and ask for a KDX300 like Tom suggested. I did it and it only took a couple of minutes. I got a reply(may have been computor generated), so maybe somebody is looking at it!

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
I used to ride a KDX 400.....yes, they used to make them 20 years ago. Always felt the thing was underpowered, so when I got back into dirtbikes last year...I went bigger....KX 500. I rode a KDX 220 at Dirtweek 02 and my impression of it was good, but still underpowered. So, what do I do?? I sent Eric Gorr my engine and tell him I want it smooth like a KDX, but with the OH MY GAWD power and he's doin his "mo better everywhere" port job and Jeremy Wilkey has already done the suspension for me. So, we'll see how a 10 year old KX 500 runs in the woods this coming year!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom