dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
I'm a little board at work today, and daydreaming about bikes when a question popped into my head. I did a search but found nothing. What is the difference between injector two stroke oil and pre mix two stroke oil?

SuzookKING

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2002
look at the viscosity difference, from what I understand (having NEVER used an oil injection system) they flow at different rates. I never trusted something to add lifeblood to my mix, and any bike with oil injection on it was disabled and swapped to pre-mix for peace of mind and $ in wallet for never having a lack of lubrication failure.

JTurn36178

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2002
I use injector oil in three bikes. I have also worked for an Oil Company for the past 14 years. (Till they shut down the plant). "Thicker" sounds like an opinion, not a fact. And it is verrrry hard to tell the difference in vis with the eye. I see a lot of oils that say they are compatable for either. I have a viscometer and if my new job gives me time I will check the vis on my Yamalube 2s and my sons oil he runs in his yz.. (He buys what is available and proven quality.) And will let you know what I found out. It may take a week or so to get back to you. Good question. I have wondered this my self.. It may be irrelivant due to synthetic components used today. There are a million reasons(and postings) from honing patterns and cylinder linings etc. This topic is probably a dog chasing it's tail.

Good luck, hope to get back to you this week.
Jim

Top Bottom