Inked: My first one!

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
This is my first one. It was done by Robbie at Earthborn in Evansville, IN. It was finished up at 7:30PM yesterday, this pic was taken a few minutes ago. 3.5 Hours of being stuck with a needle, YES! No matter what anyone says, it is impossible to describe what a tattoo feels like until you get one yourself. It's a weird feeling to describe. It's something that while it is being done, you want it to stop, but once it's over, you wish it wasn't done so quickly. Almost like I didn't have to go through enough to get such a bitchin' tattoo. It was definitely worth it, and now I want another one even worse!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
phil yer awesum we shuld hook up on im somtime ;)

Oh yeah, and how far down the periodic table is that atom? Looks like a couple extra neutrons or sumpin' for bein' carbon.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Yep, it is a couple extra neutrons for being carbon, carbon-12 anyway(hint). (the protons are shaded darker, the neutrons lighter) Think a little bit, I'm sure you'll figure out what it is.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
is that a "Jimmy" neutron?? :)

gargamel

Nov 18, 2005
or sperm circling eggs

J/K sorry had too

It's a cool tat.

It is very true that it is addictive. Everyone says I'll just get one, then they say "maybe one more" , ect. Makes me feel old. I got my first tattoo 12 years ago

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Nice tatt :cool: Be sure too keep sun block on it when outside.. Kinda exciting ( when getting your first tattoo) when they fire up the gun and ask if your ready :laugh: I a few, the one that kinda hurt going on was the one at teh base of my neck (top of spine) That one let me know i got a tattoo..

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
Good eye XRP! I'm guessing that since you have a model of Carbon-14, your tatoo has something to do with radioactive dating.....which I can assume either relates to your age or something much more sinister with the ladies.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
DING DING DING! It is Carbon-14. The worst thing is that I've always wanted a tattoo, and I've never had the "maybe i'll get just one tattoo" mentality. So, there's a pretty good chance I won't be stopping anytime soon. I was just outside long enough to take the picture before I got back in the house. Don't want to mess this bad boy up. The thing I really like about this tattoo is that your average person can Identify it as an atom. Someone who can count neucleus particles, but dosen't recognise the dissimular number of protons vs neutrons may call it Nitrogen. But, someone who counts electrons, then the protons/neutrons will say, "huh", That's carbon, but not just any carbon, that's carbon-14.

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
I'd be willing to bet that 30 yrs. from now you'll be saying ...What the **** was I thinking ? ;)

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
mafols said:
I'd be willing to bet that 30 yrs. from now you'll be saying ...What the **** was I thinking ? ;)
Doubt it. I've been sitting on this design for almost a year now. This was far from an impulse action.

Pred, Imagine how hard making a neucleus with 238 circles would be, not to mention all the electrons if you wanted it to be even remotely accurite.

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Doubt it. I've been sitting on this design for almost a year now. This was far from an impulse action.

I wasn't implying that it was.....look me up in 2036 and let me know... :cool:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Exactly why I have never gotten one, mafols!
I just can't bring myself to it.

Our oldest boy wanted a tat so bad when he was 17. I highly suggested that he get something else in his head, but he kept on insisting. The wife let him do it.
I must admit he has one nice looking tat, and it is on his back/shoulderblade so it is sort of inconspicuous. But I just have to wonder if he will really appreciate how cool it is when he is 45. At least he doesn't have to look at it.
Which means it has to be for the benefit of others.:coocoo:

I dunno, to each their own...they just aint for moi.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Nice ink man! I just got a big koi fish done on my arm a week ago, so I feel your pain. Mine took about 3 1/2 hours. Just wait, you'll be wanting another one before you know it!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Masterphil said:
Pred, Imagine how hard making a neucleus with 238 circles would be, not to mention all the electrons if you wanted it to be even remotely accurite.
I sometimes wonder if my humor is lost on some people . . . ;)

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Gotta fight fire with fire... (I got it the first time)

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
XRpredator said:
I sometimes wonder if my humor is lost on some people . . . ;)

You're starting to remind me of the guy from Good Morning Vietnam. "Sir, in my heart of hearts, I know I am funny." Don't worry Pred, you make me laugh on the inside. :)

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Guess I'll post mine too. It actually looks much better now that it's healed for a week. It was a pretty big cover up.

Attachments

• koi tat front2.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 48
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…