IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
First of all, my friend who rode my bike last time needed it again. No problem, what are friends for??

Practice and heats it was like a dump truck. Running the wrong gearing. No doubt. I have the right gears on order. You're gonna cringe, going from 13 51 to 14 46.. Yep, that's the hot setup on a 1/4 mile short track. And banging the rev limiter in 3rd.. You do the math.... (I have, and it scares me)

After the heat races we put Ricky's gearing on my bike (the 14 46) so he wouldn't suck quite as bad. His first main was the Open Class. Came off the line first but couldn't get down quick enough and ended up getting shuffled back to 5th. Fought back for a nice 3rd place finish.

Then the 450 main was up. He got a little better start, and came off 2 in the lead. Gapped 2nd place by 2 bikes and held that gap to the finish. 3rd & 4th place were bangin on each other like they were in stock cars. It was ugly, and I was glad it was back there.

This was my second ever main on this bike, and I felt a little more confident this time. I got a crap start though. As soon as the light went green, I knew I was screwed.. For some reason I just didn't want to go. 5th out of 2 and 4th was leaving me. Not what I was looking for.. I just decided to put my head down and ride like I knew how, and try to at least maintain the gap.

By lap 6 I had started to gain a little, when 2nd place went down hard in 3 coming to the white flag. After they scraped him off the track, they decided it'd be best just to call it. No sense in anyone else getting hurt in a 1 lap drag race. So I got a respectable 4th place.

Overall I'm very happy how the night went. And it proves to me that the bike is definitely not the limiting factor with me.. It's fast enough and setup properly to go fast. I just need a lot of seat time to start getting the results I want.

Plus I saw that the bike is capable of getting out front and staying there. That's a semi-final win and a main win.. Not too bad for a former woods bike. Especially considering the setup was done on a serious shoestring budget.

Next race is the 24th, hopefully I'll have better results from my own race to report.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Sounds like you're having a blast! Win or lose.....you're still enjoying it......and leaving room for improvement, that's what keeps it interesting!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom