dkortje

Sponsoring Member
Aug 30, 2002
Can someone help me with any advice on intalling fork seals. I tried a search and coundn't come up with anything :ugg: ! Anyway, I have a '99 YZ 125, I've just ordered a seal kit and a seal driver but any instructions or helpful hints would be great.

thank you :worship:

dkortje

Sponsoring Member
Aug 30, 2002
Thanks for the info, I changed seals this weekend, and all seemed to go well. I do have a couple of specific questions though. Should I have changed the metal sliders. They seem to have a teflon coating on them, and it didn't look too bad. Also, how hard are you supposed to hit the seals with the seal driver, I was a little nervous banging my new seals with this. Finally, my service manual mentioned some silicone sheet to use when installing the seals, but not sure what that is, I suspect it is to prevent the seals from catching as they are slid onto inner tube. Is this needed, and if so where do you get the sheets? Thanks again.

dkortje

Sponsoring Member
Aug 30, 2002
I'm still wondering if anyone has answers to the questions that I posted above, as I haven't heard from any of you :whiner: . Thanks.

Wakisashi

Mod Ban
Apr 29, 2002
You can use something like a lunch sandwich bag , just place it over the fork tube , oil it up and slide the seals down over it.

The bushings will show wear when they get bad , the coating will wear off.

You can hit them pretty hard , just drive the bushing in first using the steel washer to drive against and then drive the seal.

Top Bottom