Installing Rad Valve...Need to change pilot jet?

DEX

Jun 11, 2003
I am installing a Boyesen Rad Valve on my 2005 YZ 125, my whole team got a wicked deal on them and a bunch of other stuff so I figured might as well, if I dont like it I should have no problem selling it on **** and getting my money back.

My question is I two leaner main jets it is jetted properly according to the manual now with a 410 main jet the boyesen instruction say I need to go 2-4 sizes leaner on the main. The leanest jet available is the 390 so I got it and the 400 main.
Will I need to screw with the pilot also? If so I will wait to install it after this weekends race so I can have it jetted right. Or can I get enough adjustment for the mid and bottom from the needle clip postition and the air screw to compensate for the Rad Valve?

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
The rad valve was a real pain for me. I had to use leaner needles, pilot jets, and mains.
I wish I coudl say two steps or something liek that, bu ttruthfully I invested as much in jets as the valve itself.

In my book it was not worth the effort.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…