Interesting Cross-Training.

B

biglou

So, I've been lifting freeweights at the gym in my town for five months now. Great place with a great group of people including the owner. Every Saturday and Sunday they head over to the old airbase for some of that "World's Strongest Man" kind of exercise workouts. I decided to join them this afternoon. It was a crisp 48 degrees, with rain threatening. Only one other guy, a high schooler, showed up besides me and the owner. First up was the truck pull. Attach yourself to the owners pickup truck and pull it forward about 100 yards. "Fire hydrant to fire hydrant", he says. Myself and the youngster did it twice each. I gotta tell ya, stuff like this works muscles you didn't even know existed. I can't wait until tomorrow... Next up, sled pull. We load a steel sled up with 75kg and pull it up a hill via a 100' rope. Total upper body workout-back, arms, shoulders. Again, twice each. Last on the list today was about a 100yd uphill run dragging a truck tire by a rope tied around our waist. Two runs each. I will say, I believe this falls under the HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) heading, that's for sure. I thought I was going to lose my lunch a couple times. I thought my buttocks were going to burst into flames pulling that truck. :ohmy: I'm pretty sure Dave was riding the brake...
Anywho, just thought I would share. I'm sure this type of thing is good for overall fitness, really changing up the routine and working muscle groups that may not get worked like that in the gym. And now, ice cream! :eek:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
I would need a compact truck as I am a compact sized guy. Lou, this is the first time youve mentioned that your a flamer. Or was that Burst into flames, IE: human spontanious combustion.

Top Bottom