Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
This is the method I use to train my abs, and I really find that it works them thoroughly. I'm not going to guarantee chiseled abs in 2 weeks, but I will guarantee a pretty good burn from the bottom to the top:scream:
1.Consentration do each rep deliberately.
2.#1exersise of the super set-Hip Raises-lay on a mat on your back hands above your head to stabilize. Now move your quads into a 90 degree angle with the floor, and extend your lower legs so that they are parallel to the floor. I like to have my feet together, but my knees about shoulder width apart. Now you are in the starting position. Now again I stress concentration on the muscles being used (the lower abs) with the lower abs pull your hips up in an arc, and try and bring your pelvis as close to your rib cage as possible (keep your upper body flat on the floor) exhale during this contraction. Once you reach the top of the contraction start lowering your hips towards the starting position, but just as you feel your butt graze the floor go into your contraction again. Remember it is a nice fluid arcing motion your hips should be making. Your hips should be the only thing moving in this exercise.
3.#2 exercise-Customized Crunch-Start laying on a mat on your back, knees bent and about shoulder width apart, feet together tucked up close to your butt, now do a regular crunch, but at the same time you are crunching your rib cage towards your hips use your lower abs to pull your hips towards your rib cage keep your feet on the floor, but try not to use them to raise your hips, concentrate on using the lower abs to raise the hips, remember to exhale during the contraction. I do 2-4 sets and around 20 reps. If you are concentrating on the muscle and doing the movement properly, and deliberately, and not just trying to get a certain # of reps it won't take a lot to get that wicked burn :p
Also don't forget about training that lower back! Having these stabilizing muscles strong is a great asset when your out riding.
Anyway I couldn't sleep(coming off of nightshift:silly: ), and had some time to kill. I hope this routine will benefit someone who's looking for a change in variety. Those old sit-ups get boring after a while. If anybody else has any training tips, that really work well for them I'm all ears. I'm always open to trying new exercises and training techniques. Like they say variety is the spice of life.

Last edited:

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Mine I do regular sit-ups trying(you know hands up reaching for ceiling)I do 35 of these going up then down slow to get the burn started.Next I Lift my legs into the air and put my arms straight up and reach for my toes.I do 35 of these also.Next I cross my legs lieing on my back then put my hands behing my head and take my right elbow to my left knee then left to right and so on...I do 60 of these then I burnout doing around 50 of the first sit-ups I did.I dont have any lower abs excercise in it,because of my cast of my left arm.This works for me as my abs are coming out more everyweek.Im going to try your lower ab workout the #1 also.;)I do this 5 times a week if I can 4 if I have football on thurs.

Last edited:

fmfkx125372

Feb 1, 2001
Here are two great lower abs exercises...

1. Lying flat on your back, keep your legs straight out in front of you. Pick them up with your lower abs and hold them at about 6 inches off the ground. This is your starting position. Now lift your legs up together with your lower abs to about 2-3 feet from the ground and then lower them back down to the 6 inches. Don't do the reps fast, the momentum is cheating. Do 3-4 sets of as many as you feel comfortable with. At the end of each set, hold your feet at the starting position of 6 inches and hold them there for a count of 30 - 60 seconds. Feel that burn yet?

2. Using the same starting position, instead of lifting your legs together, do one leg at a time in intervals. Left leg up, then right leg up as the left is coming down and so on. Don't let your feet hit the ground and do the reps slowly. Then do the same thing at the end of the set as in #1, holding your legs there at 6 inches.

Just some things I do to try and hit my lower abs...

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
here is the ab routine i do. i have found that a lot of the other excercises mentioned are hard on the back and the ones i use are not:

1. start off with 50 regular crunches, feet on the floor and knees slightly bent
2. go right into a set of 25 "russian twists." do a regular situp, but when once you reach the point where you would normally start going back down, twist left-right-left-right rapidly then go back down, next one twist right-left-right-left and so on
3. next 25 leg lifts, as described earlier - lay on your back with your legs slightly off the ground and raise them to where your quads make a 75-90 degree angle with the floor. make sure you put your hands palm down under your butt cheeks as this will make it much easier on your back.
4. as you finish the last leg lift let your legs drop to the floor fully extended, and keeping them sticking straight out do 50 crunches
5. next jump into scissors - lying on youre back with your legs extended do a situp twisting to one side and brining up the opposite leg to meet your elbow )right elbow meets left knee, left elbow meets right knee) i do 50 of these
6. next do another set of 25 leg lefts, but these are a little different. as you are bringing your legs up ( pivoting at the waist) when youre legs get to about a 75 degree angle to the ground, thrust up with your hips pushing your legs up towards the ceiling
7. last do one more set of 50 crunches, but this time with your quads at a 90 degree angle with the ground and calves parallel to the floor.

each of these excercises should be done one after another without rest between, and they will get your abs looking good fast. i havent been able to do these excercises for about 6 weeks bc of a broken collarbone and my abs were just about gone, but i started doing the routine about a week ago and theyre already looking pretty good. on another note, these excercises wont do any good if you dont do them right. instead of cheating and using momentum, or other muscles, or pulling up with your hands behind your head - you have to use your abs, and when you get to the apex ( im not sure if thats the right word to use ) you should squeeze your abs. i guarantee you'll get a good burn out of this and the first couple times your abs are gonna be sore for a couple days. i do this routine every night right before i go to bed, unless my abs are still sore from the previous night. theres no point in excercising them if they are still rebuilding

just wondering, have any of you guys used that cutting gel stuff? it supposedly disolves surface body fat where ever it is applied to get you more ripped and puts the fat into the blood stream where it can be used for energy...sounds like it would definately be worth getting if it actually works

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
YoTRacer158, are you talking about the product Thermocuse (I think that's the name)? If so, and if I've been informed correctly it actually pulls retained water from below the skin surface, just a quick fix.

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
"FACT CUTTING GEL Goes to Work Directly on Your Abs, Biceps, Glutes, Pecs, or Anywhere Else You Rub it In!
Cutting Gel's patented, transdermal gel formulation has been specifically designed to reduce resistant surface body fat wherever applied. Apply Cutting Gel to your abs, and your abs get ripped. Apply Cutting Gel to your quads, your quads get ripped. Apply Cutting Gel to your glutes, biceps, triceps, or lats, and the fat literally melts away, leaving pure, ripped muscle behind! And let's not forget, if you're a man over 40 and have a problem with "love handles" you can't live without Cutting Gel! Cutting Gel's clinically proven, patented formula is the only transdermal fat-emulsifying gel directed exclusively to bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts. NutraSport distributes Cutting Gel throughout the United States under exclusive license from Klein-Becker usa. Cutting Gel helps give youthat extra edge and sets you apart from everyone else in the gym. Best of all, Cutting Gel gives you the confidence you need to get ahead and stay ahead as you finally experience the attention a great body demands! So what's the catch? There are two. First, because Cutting Gel helps release stored fat into the bloodstream to be used as energy, you have to help burn that released fat by exercising or reducing caloric intake so that free fat isn't redeposited. Second, you can't rub Cutting Gel all over your body at the same time. There is simply no way for your body to deal with that much newly released fat. So start with the one area you think needs the most help, and use Cutting Gel until you get the desired results (usually about ten days). Then move on, one target area at a time, until you get that cut, rock-hard, attention-grabbing look you want and deserve!"

www.cuttinggel.com

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom