Interrior setup, for an enclosed trailer!....

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Does anyone have any pictures or floor plans of your enclosed trailer/ racing setup? My dad and I are finnaly going to get an enclosed trailer and we are not going small! We are getting a Halmark 8 1/2x16ft trailer. We messured everything and have everything ready, so we are going to start build cabinets and things, so that when we get the baby home, all what we have to do is throw it all in bolt her down and do some painting. But anyways, we are looking for some idea's of a layout! Anyone have any?

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I'll take some pictures this weekend. Been meaning to anyway, as this subject comes up quite often.

tileman

Oct 18, 1999
Heres a few pics of mine I dont have any cabinets yet but its a few pics.

trailer1.jpg

trailer2.jpg

trailer3.jpg

trailer4.jpg

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Matt - first question - how are you going to put the bikes in? If you are going to put them in bike shoes and diagonal (like ours) or just in the back somewhere... I would suggest putting a workbench across the entire front of the trailer with cabinets or shelves underneath and above the bench.

We have seen many trailers like this. This is good for several reasons. One - it will put some weight in front of the trailer because the bike weight will be in the back. Two - it is the best for space and to keep the walls more open in the back of the trailer where you will put the bikes. Only downside is you may have to contour the bench & cabinets to fit the curve of the front of the trailer (or just built in flat and have a little gap of space).

MX823

Nov 8, 2001
I actually set mine up last year, and it worked but I am planning on re doing it. Home Depot sells a white pre fab cabinet,actually like sectionals, there are a tad on the heavy side but confirgurations are limitless. A lot will depend on the number of bikes and trailer size, as well as what you want to use it for.

Mine I use to sleep in so I unobstructive floor space as well. [beats a tent]

To bench or not to bench..........what will it be used for, will you do repairs in your trailer that will require a bench or will cabinet/shelf space be more useful?

A life size diagram maybe helpful, use chalk on the drive way and draw it out. Include bikes and tools in the diagram or just use the real things themselves.

KX727 has a good Idea of putting the toolbox within the bench, instead of on top,

Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
Just a thought here on the cabinets. If you can deal with the less than "pro" look. You might try and find some light gage metal cabinets. My brother demo'd a kitchen that had metal cabinets from the 50's or something like that. I have a set of the over the fridge type cabs and will put them in my little 6x10. They are pretty light and only need some fresh paint. If i had some more of the over fridge type i'd use them. My only concern is the snap closer opening and spilling the contents if things get rough. but a latch of some sort from the Hardware store should take care of that. If you live near a decent sized city look in the yellow pages under house wrecking or salvage. There is a vermont salvage (building salvage) in Manchester that aways has some cool stuff. might be a source of cheap metal cabinets. Not to mention some cool stuff for the house!!

SDougherty

Nov 7, 2001
I have 16x8 that is set-up with cabinets and a counter up front. The cabinets are Millers Pride. There combinarions are endless. So far there have been no problems with vibration etc.
Current set up accomidates 5 bikes plus all the gear, tools,fuel, generator
etc.
Several pics., but no idea how to post. I can e-mail if interested. :)

Top Bottom