Inverted forks or traditional forks???

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
I ride a 1996 KDX 200 that I have transformed into a KX looking bike. i ride most at the local track. The 1996 KX 250 front inverted fork clamps will fit the frame of the KDX. But is it worth making this modification? Are the inverted forks that much better on the track than the traditional forks? and if so where can you get good used or maybe new forks?

Jekel

Dec 22, 2001
I have seen forks going pretty cheap on Ebay lately. You have to make sure you get the clamps, brake set up, and wheel set up or be ready to modify yours to fit. If I am wrong in this conclusion, someone can correct me. I have ridden bikes with both types of forks(nice Marzochi's sp.) and my current invert Yamahas and dont really see a big enough difference for the money. I would just get a nice set up from a good susp shop. Just my .02

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
KDX forks are complete junk -----unless-----you are riding the bike exactly the way it was intended to be ridden 1st & 2nd gear slow tight trails - then they're great. Under these conditions you'd hate the KX inverted forks. On the track you'll hate the stockers. Motto ?? I'm glad that I kept one of my KXs when I got the KDX. Different bikes for different rides.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
IMO, The inverted forks can be made nice for the trails, but it would proably take a revalve if they are set up for MX. You might be able to do the conversion and send the inverted ones to a suspension shop and have them find a happy medium between the to with the valving and springs to match you weight. I see guys with converted MX bikes a lot in club that I'm in. Some just loosen up the clickers a bit and some revalve.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…