kdx200 93 inverted forks adapted to 1990 mod kdx

Jan 28, 2008
hi does anyone know if a set of 1993 kdx 200 inverted forks will bolt straight onto a 1990 kdx . also will i be able to use my 1990 wheel with the inverted forks. I`ve bought the forks but the wheel didn`t come with it . Any help would be appreciated. Cheers paul

longshore58

Dec 31, 2008
Hey........

Julian D will be along soon probably and I know he can tell you.

He did the conversion at one time on a 1989 I believe.

I'm pretty sure he ended up running a YZ Yamaha pair in the end though.

Last edited:

longshore58

Dec 31, 2008
USD forks (search results)

Seventeen pages of results for USD forks:

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/search.php?searchid=1078472&pp=20&page=1

julien_d tried the USD's on his but I do not think he was overwhelmed by them:

"wheel, axle, and caliper are different on the 93-94. Additionally, those forks are only slightly better. Pretty much on par with the 95+ conventionals. Hardly worth the trouble of sourcing a new wheel/caliper."

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=171711&highlight=USD+forks

Good Luck with it Captain.........

Jan 28, 2008
Thanks mate, looks like a going to have to try and track down a second hand wheel as the original forks have internal damage and are pretty well stuffed...
Cheers paul

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
lol, sorry haven't been on much. Yes, they will bolt right on so long as you have the triples to go with. My 89 had 94 USD forks on it when I got it. I have since swapped them for a mid 90's yz250 front end. We put my old 94 forks on the 91. It was a straight swap, even kept the 91 front wheel, so I was mistaken there. Did have to use the 94 caliper though. Not sure if a 95+ caliper will work, but I think it might. They are decent forks, pretty much on par with the 95+ kdx conventionals. An improvement over your current forks, but not by a whole lot.

If you have trouble fitting the wheel, let me know. I have a 94 front wheel in good shape. Give it a try though, I know we used the 91 front wheel, but we may have needed to use the 94 axle and spacers...

Last edited:
Top Bottom