Is Anyone Else About to Explode?

B

biglou

I'm not kidding, I feel like that kid Mike Meyers played in the SNL skits who was "tethered" to the jungle gym with the football helmet on. Every year I swear the pre-DirtWeek frenzy is twice as intense as the previous year. I know I'm ready, I even have one less bike to concern myself with this year, and I'm still wound up like a spring. One day of heat exhaustion at Cooperland gave me about one additional day of tranquility because I was too tired, sore and sunburned to get very excited. Then, right back to pinging again. Maybe I'm jetted too lean? I dunno. Chat is just on fire with pre-DW energy and hysteria. Look at all the posts from the first timers who are apprehensive about their riding abilities, etc. It's also cool to see people making the mad scramble at the last minute each year to go ahead and take the plunge, like PK did last year. How cool was that? Just out of the blue, PK says, "Alright, I'm in!" The best part of this whole thing is riding, making fun, talking smack, and eating and having a beer with so many people that we all consider among our best friends in the world and yet only get to see them for a few days each year. Part of me wants it to hurry up and happen, the other part wants to savor it. Last year I was almost giggling out loud as I walked out of the building at work Friday, heading for the truck, thinking that it was going to be ten glorious days before I had to set foot in this place again. I've been trying to keep busy, but as I complete my chores, I find myself thinking about DW coming up again! Man, who thought up this DW idea, anyway? He musta been a pretty fart smeller! ;)

Well, that burned about .01% of my nervous energy I have at the moment!

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Lou, Explode is right. I have a wife that is on the fence about letting me go. If I din't sign up now I'll regret it in a month when she says I can go definately. Always last minute.

I have all my vacation so I have plenty of time to get there ( may even ride the bike through fields all the way - 1300 miles if I can't find transportation ).

Looking forward to meeting face to face with all the guys and gals I banter with.

New fork seels should arrive tomorrow so I will work on the bike this weekend and maybe hit Paragon later in the month.

To be there or not to be there that is the question ?

I guess we'll know on the 29th of September 2003 :yeehaw:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Flying Scot, Make sure you ditch the leather coat and wear your real riding gear or youwill get laughed at :p

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm so wound up, my boss has requested three U.A.'s in the last week alone..... :eek:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Oh yeah I am fired up. I have an entire room of give-away stuff from the sponsors to drool over.... Got the new plastic and graphics for Sarah's 250F. Polished the frame on my 450... and I will be going to Cooperland weekend after next. Lou, you wanna go? I couldn't make it last time but I will be there 9.13.03

B

biglou

I can't David. This Saturday and Friday the 12th are my last two night races in Moberly. After that, I'm taking a week off to decompress before DW. :aj:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
FS-Take the plunge!!! you won't regret it!

I am wound so tight right now I could snap. 25 days to go :aj:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I hope to be up to speed by the 13th.  Going to call the doc in about 20 mins. to work on an issue yet resolved.  Hopefully find out what the *&^% is going on.  I'm going stir crazy.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I've started peeing on myself already. It looks like I just jumped int he pool. I don't go into chat anymore. It's all I can do to close my web browser for a few minutes at a time to get some work done. Or at least look like I'm not surfing DRN. I can't stand it. I'm so dehydrated. I e-mail ryanoa daily, and talk to Jetzoomy about DW all the time. He's a regualr mexican jumping bean before DW, now he's like a crack-smoking mexican jumping bean. I've washed my gear 3 times. I'm thinking of polishing my boots and bedazzling my jersey. Having nothing to do to my bike is torture. I hate this. I love this. I hate this. I love this. I just peed again. Are we there yet?

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I am so excited that I have officially retired from riding until DW. I am too scared to break me or the bike and miss all the fun. I too am polishing the bike, packing stuff, and driving Ann nuts about details. A week of MX bliss.
:yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
no... we have no gear :whiner:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That's BAD news Nikki, sorry to hear it :(

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
I'll be there. No leather jacket and one set of Thor gear that I got after Paragon in May. Nikki, you can use my gear. Or at least when I'm done with it. Sorry to read about your Thieves.

Lou, now I'm pumped. :thumb:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Excited???!!!! Well, I've PM'd Farmer John three times today about my "stuff" that he's going to drive all the way to Cooperland...everytime I think of more stuff I want to bring he keeps telling me all my stuff will fit, so I keep adding more :)

I've made my list and my dirtweek pile is growing in the garage!  I went to 5 dirtbike shops this weekend and got all kindsa new stuff and Kiwi is talking me into this COOL Night Light for the Night Time Poker run!

I get on DRN way more than before and keep looking to see who all is going to make it this year and making a list of the folks I haven't met yet. I'm planning some serious cooking now that Farmer John is taking all my cooking stuff too!:thumb: Gonna bring some supremo coffee for me and VD to share in the mornings (we'll be the first two campers out and about in the morning) and man did I get a hold of the grandaddy of all camp coffee pots for all you folks who come by and need some caffeine ! :cool:

I lay awake at night and think of the trails in the woods before I fall asleep and then the thought of the big step up pulls me back out of the nice dreamy state I was in and I get all amped up again, so then I have to think about the woods trails again.....its a wonder I ever get to sleep.

I think about when everyone is all together at the campfire and the bombfire and the big top and when everyone says the pledge of allegiance to the flag in the morning and when we sing the the Star Spangled Banner too. Yes, I am all a twitter with anticipation and its too far away as it is but its really only just around the corner. 

I just found out my 20 year class reunion is on October 4th and I didn't even give it a second thought...... I emailed the reunion organizer: "I'll be in Oklahoma that weekend...Sorry I can't make it!" :)

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
I just found out my 20 year class reunion is on October 4th and I didn't even give it a second thought...... I emailed the reunion organizer: "I'll be in Oklahoma that weekend...Sorry I can't make it!" :)

Same here! Besides 5 days with DRN friends is better then 2 days of dog and pony show with a bunch of people that I haven't seen since my 10 year class reunion.

About that coffee... I can smell it brewing right now!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by bclapham

yes! with the pressure of work, life and the fact that i am NOT comming to dirtweek :whiner:
Ditto here. I really have to stop reading these threads or I will explode :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
OK Pumped...yeah you could definetely say I'm pumped. Since it's my first Dirtweek I have no idea what to bring, expect, etc...

I've PM'ed TreeJumper and Scooter1130 about 9000 time to organize getting my bike to OK. That's all set now, so I can leave them alone!

I e-mail PapaKeith about 25 times a day to ask about food, gear, camping, races, bike numbers, plane tickets, etc...

I am totally stoked to see the people I've met before and extra stoked to meet everyone I've never met. I am about to quit riding until I get there, especially after the crash I had last weekend. (It's been almost a week and my shoulder STILL hurts).

I'm going to put a new kickstarter on my bike, clean the carb, adjust the valves, and polish it up as pretty as an 86 XR200 can get! Put on my nifty new DRN fender stickers and I'm good to go!

I CAN'T WAIT. I cannot even get work done during the day. I've posted more here in the past week than I have since I've been a member, it's insane. I'm going to have to disconnect my internet service at work soon so I can get some work done!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I'm ready for a revisit at real HUMANITY . I'd like to go up a day early and sleep, I could use the rest.

I have to travel in the RV up to N. Fort Worth on Saturday for a gig, turn around and drive back that night and unload a ton of PA gear, load the other trailer and restock the RV before I head up on Monday to DW. I haven't even started getting ready yet!!! damn! :flame:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Implode is more like it. Dirtweek will be dirtday for me. Saturday only. It really ruins my entire fall, but atleast I'm close enough to get in a day.

Top Bottom