YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
Gotta be a sickness, let me explain..... I need help!! Besides riding here is a list of my symptoms:

-Watch/record any and every motocross related show on TV. (Even FMX, not that there's anything wrong w/ that)
-Spend any spare time on this site while I'm at work.
-Constantly thinking about riding
-Play w/ Flick Trix (sp) bikes and try to use my nephews as an excuse for possessing them. (Really, the toys are for the kids and I don't cry when they take one from me.)
-Play PC/Playstation 2 Motocross games.
-Buy any Motocross magazine I come across w/ a cool looking cover. (I only subscribe to Racer X and Transworld now but I used to subscribe to most of the mags. Now I just waste money buying the mags. monthly)
-Can't have a normal conversation w/o mentioning "last week's race, riding, etc"
-I find myself sitting on my bike making bike noises when I am not able to go riding. (If anyone ever catches me doing that I'm sure I'll be off to the looney bin)

Anyone else have any similar symptoms?? Please help me.......... :whiner:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Hello, my name is Phillip,I am a Dirtbike-Aholic! :) :) :aj:

02YZRulz

Nov 13, 2001
All along I thought I was the only one with this problem. It is comforting to know others suffer from the same affliction....LOL!

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
Yes we are some sick pups. There is no cure for this disease but it is treatable! Sounds like your doing the correct things to aleaviate your withdrawal symtoms from not getting to ride, but now its almost 5 p.m. eastern on a friday. Time to stop dreaming, stop reading, stop posting and GO RIDE!!! :p :aj:
See you guys monday for some more group support!! :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Twisting the cap off and taking a snort of pre-mix takes the edge off for me...... :) :) :)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Ever hear the saying, "Cowboys do it with their boots on?" My wife actually asks me to take my Vectors off. As if....

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
My wife told me she was sick of hearing about dirtbikes 24/7 from me and my sons. I told the boys we'd have to tone it down to stay out of trouble. Now we meet in the boys room to have tbe really good dirtbike/motocross/riding conversations. Oh well....

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
You seem NORMAL to me :eek:

Kevin

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Everything seems to relate to dirtbikes to me. For example, I saw a VW beetle the other day, and said "With a couple of those and some dirt, I could make a good double"

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
In the words of my Kentuckian wife:

"Jay, you are ate all the way up with this dirtbike thing, aint ya?"

(God love 'er)
:aj:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Meaning that you do it often?
Seriously(sp) though, we are talking about bikes as a sport. No matter how you ride.
Happy Trails,
PK

Last edited:

Dirtvet

Jan 23, 2000
You never "outgrow the phase", as I'm sure you'll hear from well meaning but clueless family members. I'm 46.

My wife really hates it when I clean air filters in my bathroom sink. I like the lingering smell. She just doesn't get it.

She thinks I have a girlfriend on the internet because I spend so much time on dirtrider.com.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Now ....Now.....dell30rb.....He was trying to be nice, granted he can't get the ADDY right. He had the right intentions(sp) at heart! ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom