Is out sourcing our tech industry a good thing?

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
http://www.fcw.com/online/news/97658-1.html

Someone needs to remind our "military intelligencia" and policy makers that 90 percent of the hardware/firmware they use is built and or replicated for production in the pacific rim. THEN packaged and sold as Dell, HP, etc. Forget about all things related to the Wii/Fi, Broad band, and other IT communications related technologies. Can anyone say..Trojan Horse? Maybe one reason a home grown computer/IT industry is a good thing to keep around?

Our response?

http://www.fcw.com/print/12_41/news/96791-1.html

Like aspirin for a head ache that turns out to be a tumor.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I gotta agree with you Walt. We had a strong intelligence network but it was dismantled in the 90's and now we have to play catch up with what ever technology is available...just so happens that not much of it is self grown. I don't believe the next administration is going to be much help either.

BTW, glad to see the kids are doing well. You and Mary must be proud!

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Thanks..been a while.

I need to update that signiture..
Oldest. Starting year 8 in Airforce. An intel guy.

Kyle..the one you rode with. Finishing Year Three in Navy as a Petty Officer taking care of F-18's

Jess..the one that dragged that XR-100 from the wood to the house that first time we had a DRN ride here. Second Year for her playing Varsiry Polo, she's a Sophomore now and..gets a lot a play time. 3 games last year, 5 so far this year..and she's earned her spot as a player. Looks like this team is a contendor for the national title this year and for the next few. Next year she's a starter barring injury...

Beth discovered Crew....is doing well.

Ben & John in Colorado. One working on a farm the other has a contracting business.

Thats it.

BUT this subject really is about them isn't it.

Top Bottom