Is there anyway I can turn off....

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
that godawful font that makes member names unreadable in some forums?

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
On my computers the fonts are the same in every forum.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
James said:
that godawful font that makes member names unreadable in some forums?
Yes there is.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
MXSparx said:
On my computers the fonts are the same in every forum.

It could be the same font...some names are worse than others. All of the names in this thread are passable.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
James said:
Useless as usual, thanks!
Actually the question as originally posted was answered. If you had asked HOW to turn it off I could have answered that question as well.

How does your helmet fit with that giant chip on your shoulder? :laugh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Rooms at Motel 6 are pretty cheap :)

Not sure what could be the problem James... all the fonts/typefaces are the same. The Only difference is color, based on user group. See if the ones that are bugging you have anything in common, or give me an example of a user with a font that looks bad.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Chances are he recently installed a update to Vista that is causing it. Anybody with the older OS's or pre-patched Vista won't see the problem. There is a Service Pack out now that might resolve it. If not he needs to download the font updates from MS and perhaps the latest video driver for his card. I'm sure this is worthless information since it's not strictly numbers based LOL!

I'm no an accountant but I've slept at a few Holiday Inn Express' in my day. As well as Motel 6's

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Oh or he could just use Safari.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Patman said:
Actually the question as originally posted was answered. If you had asked HOW to turn it off I could have answered that question as well.

How does your helmet fit with that giant chip on your shoulder? :laugh:

Don't put the chip off on my shoulder. While your "witty" response may technically answer my question, it is obviously useless as are many of your "witty" responses. :nener:

I Dont use Vista or Safari.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Mine looks just like that too. Windows XP and Vista

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Now mine look different. Screw those guys, put it back the way it was. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Get over it James it is all you.

If you are using IE8 let me ask when did the problem start? When you installed the latest IE8? Yes guess what the problem is, IE8!

As I stated previously but your attitude wouldn't let you see, use Safari and the problem goes away. It's pretty simple to install and use and you will have less problems than the constant patching of MS products.

Take it for what it's worth which I suppose is nothing but it will fix THAT problem. Frankly I don't care what your opinion is of me, I'll sleep well knowing I tried to help somebody that was too blind to take the help they were offered because of their attitude. :laugh:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Tapatio Springs Resort actually.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Patman said:
it is all you.

And Treejumper :)

I am going to tell my boss that all our customers can go to hell and start using something else that we know works instead of what comes with their computers standard and is advertised as working with our product.

Damn those customers... they really muck things up with their expectations of wanting to use what is convenient for them (and used by the majority of other customers).

;)

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Patman said:
When you installed the latest IE8? Yes guess what the problem is, IE8!

FYI... Microsoft forces IE8. It can be uninstalled but from my experience it works better than the previous versions of IE.

I prefer Mozilla but I use IE for a lot of other things. I don't think it is asking too much for a website to work with one of the most used browsers out there.

Ivan

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…