is this normal

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
well i was riding my 01 kawasaki kdx200 and stopped and instead of netrual it was in secound so onmces i let the clutch out it jumped foward so i gave it gas and it went it is the weirdest thing does the kdx do this or is there some hidden assessorie that the guy before me put on?

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I just want to know what "onmces" is?

And I have no clue what is weird about the bike the bike jumping forward after letting the clutch out in second gear, Is it not supposed to? :think:

;)

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
i think he ment once, and yes its normal for it to jump.... and also i think if u start it in gear and give it gas it will go i'm not sure

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Were you sitting facing the handlebars, or the rear fender?

If you were facing the rear fender and went forward when you let the clutch out, then you might have a real problem. :think:

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
???

I'm with wibby on this one. I don't have a clue what your talking about. If the bike is in gear and you let the clutch out and give it throttle, of couse it will take off. That's the whole concept.

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
ok this is what happened u no how u put it in first gear when u wanna go well mine was in secound gear when it went does everybike do this or what because most bikes i no stall if there in 2nd gear and try to go from a stand still u get what im sayin i pretty much started from a stand still and started to move without stallingin 2nd gear

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
A lot of people start off in second... It's not a big deal unless you are running a small rear gear. BTW... where did you learn to write? We could understand you better if you took a little time when posting. "u"=you and use some punctuation and caps when they are needed for C***** sakes.

Sorry, It is just annoying.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
There's no problem, there's is no rule that says you have to start in 1st gear, unless your gearing is too high and it stalls.

I took off on mine in 3rd the other day.

IMHO: In future posts it would be much easier to understand what you are trying to say if you'd actually spell out your words.

Oops! looks like Rethnal beat me to it!

Last edited:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I often start in 2nd. I've been told off when I've started in first (deep sand), but can't remember the reasoning. Something like higher revs, less wheel spin (doesn't sound right to me, but only thing I can think of).

For MX, the smaller bikes start in 1st, the bigger in 2nd. The open class starts in top ;) j/k

But no, your bike has not got an aftermarket something to allow it to start in 2nd.

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
on the other bikes i had i could never start in 2nd well any ways thanx for the input its pretty cool that i can do this

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…