Josey Wales

Mar 15, 2007
1) your physical size - 6 feet, 215 pounds.
2) How physical / aggressive are you - Moderate, In pretty good shape for 37 years old.
3) what do you plan to ride- Woods, trails and an occasional lap on the track.
4) Do you have any riding experience? I am a rookie, about ten off rode rides under my belt on a WR250
5) Do you think you will race ? No
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yes, I am pretty handy.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice - Honda four stroke
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? - Several dealer close by.
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike? $3500 to $4000
10) I live in GA

I am ready to purchase my first bike. I am a rookie with less then 10 rides under my belt. I am 6'0" and 210 pounds. I plan to ride mostly trails and woods with an occasional lap around the track.

I think a Honda CRF 250X would suite my needs very well. Unfortunately, I can't find a used 05 or 06 model for sale. I have found a 2006 CRF 250R for sale in great shape for $3500.

My question is would a Honda CRF 250R be well suited for trails and woods riding? Is there some modification I could make to the bike to make it more suitable for wood and trails than the MX track?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The 250X would be a GREAT choice! Keep looking you will find one and be a very happy camper :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Josey Wales said:
I think a Honda CRF 250X would suit my needs very well. Unfortunately, I can't find a used 05 or 06 model for sale. I have found a 2006 CRF 250R for sale in great shape for $3500.

My question is would a Honda CRF 250R be well suited for trails and woods riding? Is there some modification I could make to the bike to make it more suitable for wood and trails than the MX track?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Howdy.

the R might be a tad higher strung than the X, but I'm sure with a minimum investment in a flywheel weight, and a spark arrestor pipe, you'd be good to go in the woods. I'm also thinkin' it sure would make it look civilized.

Endeavor to Perservere, and remember that piece of hard candy ain't for eatin', it's just for lookin' through.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
XRpredator said:
Howdy.

the R might be a tad higher strung than the X, but I'm sure with a minimum investment in a flywheel weight, and a spark arrestor pipe, you'd be good to go in the woods. I'm also thinkin' it sure would make it look civilized.

Endeavor to Perservere, and remember that piece of hard candy ain't for eatin', it's just for lookin' through.

There is Iron in Pred's words for all to see.

Top Bottom