DeauxingWork

Jan 30, 2008
...for a begginer. I am 16 years old, 5'10 145lbs. Ive found a 1996 YZ 125. It looks nice, recent top end rebuild, aftermarket pipe. I wont be racing just riding dirt roads and fields, maybe some woods.

It is $800.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
That sounds like a good starter bike, and if the time comes that you want to try racing, you can make that bike work for you as well.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Sure, you can't go wrong with a 125. At 5'10", the bike will fit you well. And the 125's are easier to work on that some other bikes, so it will be good for a first bike. Well if you pull the trigger, enjoy the first bike and make sure to post back after a few rides with a ride report! :ride:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
That was my very first full size motocross bike. If its in good shape you will love it. It was a very forgiving bike. It had good bottom-end and mid-range for a 125 and had pretty soft suspension. The only bad thing I can think of for that year was that some of them were known for losing 1st gear in the tranny. Just make sure that it shifts smoothly and has been well taken care off. Have fun. ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom