Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Hello everyone!,

Since all of you have been so supportive of the Women's team I want to keep you posted on how things are doing. Before we leave I will find out if there is a site like last year where you can log on and see how we are doing. Last year you could see the scores right after a rider went through a special test. I might even get my mom to sign on and then she can report to you after I speak with her on the phone.

I have to admit that the AMA does nothing to help a first time participate figure out what they need to do. They didn't give us a list of what we need to bring, how to get it there, etc. . . I have been fortunate to rely on some past participants. I might need to write a manual for the AMA. It is amazing what you have to bring to be prepared. First aid, lot's of riding clothes, boots, baggies, parts, skid plates, handle bars, tools, spark plugs, gatorade, power bars, to name a few. I am renting a GG when I get there so I have to take my suspension for my weight, handlebars because I hate the stock ones, grips, pipe guard, etc. . .

We had to get our containers to CA by the 21st of July to ship. Mine is there and hopefully on it's way. Had to get my passport since I had misplaced mine. FIM liscense, Medical release, tickets to NY for flight to France.

As far as training I get up 4-5 times a week and run to the gym where I do weights and sit ups. Then most every evening you can find me out riding or changing tires and learning more of the maintenance. My collarbone is healing well but is not 100 percent but close. I rarely notice it when riding except when I pull hard to wheelie over something. We will do 2 long rides this weekend and the next to get the body prepared.

Thanks again for everyones help. I am looking forward to getting my Jersey back. That will probably be my most treasured possession. A side note: Start thinking about send the AMA lot's of letter's telling them how you appreciate them sending 3 women and how you look forward to someday participating so that the AMA will not bag the idea.

Nicole

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Thanks for the update, Nicole! Sounds like you are right on track. I thought I saw a small booklet, offered by WhiteHorse press, on how to ride the ISDE. That may be more of a riding manual than a preparation manual. Hmm. I'll look into it some more.

Good idea on writing the AMA. They need to be aware of all the support for the women riders.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Go kick some butt, konw you will do us proud. I heard today the Wolf was going to the ISDE also is that true? If so thats not too bad, two of the best enduro riders in the usa right in this valley!

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
I just printed them yesterday and I have read all of them by lunch today. I plan to have my husband read too so that he won't get caught doing something he is not supposed to.

Thanks!

Nicole

Top Bottom