It happened to me

Dazza

Jan 1, 2002
Well I always thought a stripped LHS exhaust valve would never happen to me but it did.I always do maintaince on a regular basis and clean the KIPS even between top ends.I suppose it's one of those design flaws with the E series.
The poor LHS valve does seem to suffer being next to the resonator cover.
Oh well as they say S*** Happens.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
It's that dang DFII valve, I'll bet'cha!!

Does FRP have newly designed ones-a-these? I've heard 'yes' and 'no'.

Don't want to bother him just to satisfy my curiosity. So..what are you replacing it with? OEM? Or something else.

Yeah...it does happen. It runs downhill, to! Now then...last time I looked at a globe...............;)

Hope you get it fixed quick.

Does being in the land of OZ make parts more difficult?

Dazza

Jan 1, 2002
The Kawasaki Shop has a ship load of them in stock
A$35.00ea (US$20.00).
I'll be back on the gas this weekend.

Dazza

Jan 1, 2002
I've worked out why it happened!
Your right canyncarvr, that bloody dang DFII valve.
Apparently the Delta is not happy with our weird climate changes happenning in OZ.Must have something to do with the gas flow?
Must ask one of those nature lover tree hugger persons.

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
I think you're on to something;
down under, which way does the water rotate when you flush ?
Hey, my posting options just got really trimmed out..

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
It 'rotates' backwards, of course. Coriolis force, I believe?? Same as weather systems moving 'backwards' down there and display units being configured differently to account for magnetic field differences north-to-south.

Well...of course...unless THEY are right, and WE are backwards!

Nah!! THAT couldn't happen!! ;) EVERYone knows it's WINTER in december for crin' out loud!!

Seriously...dazza: Do you know the FRP does/does not have different metaled pieces for the subport drums?

re: nature lovers and tree huggers.

We got 'em up here by the truckload! Tying themselves to the tops of trees then complaining when the helicopters doing the logging in that area put them in fear of their lives!

Next time I run across one, I'll ask. ...if he survives the running across!

Good to hear you'll be up and running in short order.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…