whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I tried finding the old thread, nada. This guy is selling this trail bike on fleabay, if anyone feels lucky, its a pretty cheap bike. BUT BEWARE! 1988 Suzuki 185 Motorcycle
Vehicle Description

This is a 1988 Suzuki 185. A friend of mine gave it to me and told me if I could fix it, I could have it. Unfortunately I have not been able to fix and I have a dirt bike that is well worth my time working on instead of this one. It does not run, and when it did run it would run backwards. If you can get it to run BE CAREFUL!!!!!!, because once the gears are engaged and the clutch is released it WILL GO BACKWARDS. I believe that it is a two-stroke engine and that is why it is doing what it is doing. This bike would be great for someone who would like an older model motorcycle as a fixer upper because it needs some fixer upping. I am selling it super cheap compared to some other project vehicles. If you have any questions please email me. A few points about the bike are, 1. the seat cover is nearly destroyed, 2. it runs backwards. It does have a tailight and a headlight. I rode this bike one time when it ran correctly and his a lot of power for a 185. Like I mentioned before it is not the prettiest thing in the world but to someone who has the time and the knowledge to fix these it could be worth something. The mileage shown is zeros because there was no way to measure them and I have no idea how many are on there. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...280306906689&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:MOTORS:1123

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Wow! I think I'll buy it and ride it to work -- Yesterday!! I'll never be late for anything again.
Or, I guess one could fix the timing, but that seems kind of boring....

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The mileage thing, wonder how long it ran backwards? I know, it probably does not do that, but? I never dealt with a bike odometer! Dang 2 strokes!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well how do you like that Suzuki created a time machine. Just imagine how fast we'll be able to travel when they apply the same technology to a 450F!

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Patman said:
Well how do you like that Suzuki created a time machine. Just imagine how fast we'll be able to travel when they apply the same technology to a 450F!

AHA!!! Finally a valid reason to hate four strokes: they never run backwards, thus dooming us with the onerous burden of muddling on through life with no chance for mulligans !

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
2. it runs backwards. It does have a tailight and a headlight. I rode this bike one time when it ran correctly and his a lot of power for a 185. [/url]

I would have loved to see his test riding.

My guess is it runs perfectly just that it was made on a friday just before the quitting whistle blew and the guys on the line put the headlight on the rear and the tail light on the front. Just switch them around and you will be OK

Probably why the seat is destroyed as well because of everyone sitting backwards on it

Top Bottom