RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
Cowboys Shmowboys.....Go BEARS!!! Did you see the Slacker fans faces after the Bears were winning? Must have been 60,000 boo-boo faces!!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Squeaks beat me to it.

**Rocky III interviewer voice on**
PK, what's your prediction for the the Cowboys when they face the Pats?
My prediction? pain

Douglas777

Sep 19, 2007
Papakeith said:
Squeaks beat me to it.

**Rocky III interviewer voice on**
PK, what's your prediction for the the Cowboys when they face the Pats?
My prediction? pain

PAIN? Bwahahahaha! Maybe for Tom Brady's pretty boy A*S after Demarcus Ware plows through him!!!! The Pats will get a nice "Texas Hello" You will see!!!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
talk is talk. If you were talking about the cowboys in the 80s I might(might) agree, but now? Pu-leaze!!! The present day cowgirls would have a hard time beating up on the Pat's water-boys much less penetrating their offensive line.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Douglas777 said:
PAIN? Bwahahahaha! Maybe for Tom Brady's pretty boy A*S after Demarcus Ware plows through him!!!! The Pats will get a nice "Texas Hello" You will see!!!

Texas Hello?! Like "Say, hi, I really like your bum in that uniform..." :debil:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
As mentioned, it's not likely the Cowboys will win, but OH MY! If they do? There are SOOOOO many Pats fans that will suddenly be absent from the sporting forums. Bottom line, all the pressure is on N.E. All the Cowboys have to do is play a decent game.

I'd like to say that the Pats are the "class" of the league... but based on some recent discoveries all I can really say is they are the "best team" out there.

You might wonder how it's possible for a woman to fall in love and marry some dude in jail.... not much diff than Pat fans just deciding to ignore the cheating thing :p

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
They cheated, they got caught, they paid the fine, get over it. Not that it makes what they did right, but you are dreaming if you think for a minute that most every team is doing that type of intelligence gathering.

Again, what they did was wrong, and they paid the price required of them. No quotations, no asteriks They are a class team.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sorry my brother but... saying "I'm sorry" and paying some dollars does NOT allow them to keep the "Class" title. It allows them to have the "We got caught and said sorry title". Great football team? Yup. Class? Nope. Brady? Great QB. Other than his fathering children and bailing on them, he is still a "highly talented NFL QB", but class? Nope.

There is no way, no excuse, no rationalization around the fact that they cheated. Just saying "I cheated, admitted it after getting caught and now it doesn't matter" hoping it just goes away..... is BS.

How does that play into the rest of this season or many to come? The wins will be tainted, whether we believe they would have won or not (probably would in most cases). It's the risk they took and now it's here to bite them.

The Patriots have always lusted after the "America's Team" title. Belicheat has just guaranteed they will never get it.

Sad times really.

America's Team

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
You're just playing this game because the Cowboys are better cheaters than the Pats and haven't been caught. :nener:

We won't go into how the founder of the team was in bed with the mob. . . , any place kickers charges of indecency with a child, Irvin's drug charges, or even Goodrich's hit and run homocide charge. Point being, everyone has some skeletons.

I'm hoping for a close game. Better than that a well played close game. Blow outs bore me. I want a nail biter.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm just hoping for a good game. Frankly, losing to "the best team in football" isn't that bad a deal at week six, specially since it's non-conference. BUT, Dallas needs to represent well.

Don't get me wrong, anyone can be beat on any given day, look at the college game (insane year!). If Dallas pulls off the upset, it'll be a WAY bigger story than the Pats just doing what they are expected to do. Dallas has a lot going for them from the intangible angle today (underdog, at home, etc., etc.), let's see what they do with it.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
A knee or two with just a few ticks left would have been the class move, but don't expect that from their head coach. Run that score up in trash time Bill!

!
Boys shouldn't talk I seem to remember a runaway from the pack when they set up 2 fieldgoals just so their kicker could set a record- That wasn't accepted here in Wis very well either :nod:

Top Bottom