Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Looks like they found another one and their no longer extinct like they thought. There was 2 sightings but i didnt report mine. I just stuffed it in a groundhog hole. :laugh:

Link to article

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I sure feel a lot better knowing they aren't extinct...

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
Me too...those things are wonderful if done on a spit with pepper....

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
They were found in Arkansas!

There are lots of things in Arkansas that have not been seen in 60 years. They do need to check them out to see if they have six toes though. :laugh:

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
When I saw the video the hair on my neck stood up.

A ghost.

From Cornell: http://birds.cornell.edu/ivory/video/vnr.htm

And before you brand me a tree hugger; I have fought some of the assinine measures to "protect" the Red Cockaded Woodpecker. I have attended meetings with the USFS, and written dissertations on the stupidity of some of the efforts.

But I don't blame the bird for these policies. All the RCW needs is habitat. The Ivory Bill needs the same.

Ivorybills are the stuff of legend. A living legend. :cool:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Tony Eeds said:
They were found in Arkansas!

There are lots of things in Arkansas that have not been seen in 60 years. They do need to check them out to see if they have six toes though. :laugh:

Eastern Arkansas to be exact. The last three days there has been an article in the local paper about the discovery. Its huge news with-in the state. Reports account for 15 documented sightings.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
the last paragraph of that story is kind of ominous w/ regards to land usage/access...betcha a dozen donuts that land is locked up tight

Top Bottom