KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Someone at work gave me this brochure for the Ogemaw Hills Bike Week July 6th to 13th. I had heard of this event in the past, but thought it was a 99% Hardly Ableson sort of rally - I was surprise to see front and center on the list of events - first item

Jack Pine Enduro Museum

and a couple items down

Jack Pine Alumni Banquet

Take a look at their web site:

http://ogemawhillsbikeweek.com/

They have a couple of neat old photos from the Jackpine back in the early 60s - I wonder if there are any people we know in the group shot of trophy winners? It also appears they are looking for Jack Pine memrobilia for the museum, as well as to get in contact with riders of the event from "back in the day" to attend the banquet.

Hey F&S, has LMC been in contact with these people? If not, appears they should be!

Sounds like we have a lot of Enduro and in general, ORV supporters in the community - might be a good opportunity to hook up with some private land owners for some event trail in the future?

Oh, they are also tieing in the Enduro Cross in Rose City with the event....

Dunno if I can make it down there, but at a minimum, it would be neat to see the Jackpine Enduro Museum. Sounds like they have a neat thing going on.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am not aware that this promoter has contacted LMC. We had a meeting this past weekend and someone had a copy of the flyer. I am sure we will make a contribution, but it does seem odd that LMC was not contacted directly.
I will be in Upland, IN that weekend for the FES and Dual Sport events.

Top Bottom