Moto James Stewart: "Roczen is done"

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Bubba has an opinion on Ken Roczen and it's not positive. When he say's "he's buying diapers" is he talking about Ken being a new(ish) parent (a distraction), or is he implying it's retirement time and the diaper brand starts with D e p e n d s ?

There is also a rumor floating around that Roczen and Honda are done next year when his current deal is up, possibly going back to KTM? He hasn't looked as comfortable on the Honda this season and has stated that the bike is terrible in the whoops. Excuses or the natural progression of his career? Everyone faces the same fate eventually, no way to stay on top forever. Either way, he's had an impressive career and could walk away right now with his head up.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I like Ken and especially his come back story but he just doesn't seem fully back yet. Based purely on observation, it looks like he holds back once something squirrely happens. Maybe it's the bike, or something else going on in his life but there is a hesitancy that looks like it's too consistent to be temporary.

It's easy to be an armchair riding coach but from a fan perspective, and a rider myself, I just don't see him coming back to his glory days before he broke his arm. There is such a huge mental portion of the sport and at the highest level it can make a huge impact on performance and race results. How many times in your own life have you crashed on a particular obstacle only to be fearful of it the next time? It blows my mind at how those pros can crash hard, get up and race to the front. Pure mental toughness that most people can only wish for.

I wish him the very best and hope he surprises me in the future, even if it screws up my SX Fantacy picks!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I agree with RM_guys post 100%. Well said my friend.

I'd only add that it's amazing he was able to come back AT ALL after nearly losing that arm, or losing function for that matter. And then stuffs his other arm into a rear wheel a year later? I'd be taking that stuff as a "sign" lol.

If anyone missed it:

Another example (IMHO) is Chad Reed. After that "Chad-a-pult" launch in 2011, it seemed like it was the turning point in his career, and he wasn't even injured. There is no way that moon shot didn't leave a lasting impression. If he lands on the track?

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I like Roczen but it seems like every time he gets a good start it seems like at about mid race the anchor gets thrown out and he starts going backwards. When he doesn't get a good start he doesn't seem to advance much or at all.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Lots of bad luck for Roczen this year... so bad his bike almost ate Marvin last week, lol.
Marvin hasn't been much of a threat this year either. Mookie on the other hand is doing really well, now if he can only keep from Anderson taking him out.

Top Bottom