Japanese spec. kdx 200?

xxrrider

Aug 16, 2004
I'm looking at a 96 kdx 200 that the guy says was purchased in Japan. It appears to have inverted front shocks on it and a slightly different rear frame from my '02 kdx 220.

Does anyone have any info. on the differences between the US and Japan market kdx 200. I know our 200/220 motor was originally used in a Japanese market bike, but I don't know about the other stuff and if I'll be able to get parts. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony

TriniG

Feb 5, 2002
I own a Japan Market 1998 KDX220 and just bought a 1992 KDX200 also Japan Market. The 200 has inverted forks the 220 doesn't. Both are street legal with Horn, indicators, brake lights. I live in the Caribbean, so I have to depend on whatever parts I can get out of the US. Both bikes also came with Oil pumps rather than premix. I have condemed these and have reverted to premix. Both bikes came with smaller carbs 29mm and have Metric Speedometers (not just odometers). The motors use mostly the same engine parts as the US counterparts.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…