JBS some BS

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
dumbass shouldn't have written that letter. Comes off like a whiny petulant child. Fastest man on the planet is also the biggest baby on the planet.

Hell, he's making more excuses than Mangina Reed!

samham

Nov 22, 2002
I am a big JBS fan,, but plain and simply, if you are a supercross only team, u are not a candidate for MX des nations,,, plain and simply.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Link did not work for me, but I found the letter at Cycle News.

Wow.

Someone at the AMA told him if he showed up for Unadilla he would be on the team? If true, that someone should be fired.

IMO, the biggest reason JBS and his sponsors are interested in the MXoN is it is being held in the USA this year. It will get much more hype/publicity value than a normal year. If it was across the pond or in South America, an SX only rider would probably decline.

The other reason he wants in is because his sponsors did not get their money's worth out of him in SX this year, and this is one way he can improve their return on investment.

Poor JBS.

Now that he's off the team, I wonder if he will even bother to show up for the rest of the Nationals? My guess is no.

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
James is basically saying that a factory Yamaha team is incapable of setting his bike up properly...hard for me to comprehend. The track was rougher for the first moto than practice and even rougher for the 2nd moto. There's a shocker. I'm still having trouble explaining to my 5 yo son why James pulled off the track in the 2nd moto.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I like the 3 that got picked. We still do not even know if JBS can race competitive outdoors again? Try again next year, all year. Vintage Bob

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
If he knew his bike was way too stiff in Unadilla Moto 1, why did he not soften it up for Moto 2?

I guess in his hauler his team does not carry a set of springs and and a screwdriver to adjust the clickers?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
JS's "royalty" is infecting him. Unfortunate.

See ya Bubba...

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Error 404 on the link.

Apparently James and his handlers realized whatever was posted there wasn't helping his reputation any and they pulled it down.

Again - he quit outdoors because the tracks were too rough. Then his suspension is too stiff.

Please. Ride what you brung. James and his mechanics should be able to guess about suspension settings and be within 10% of perfect.

He's raced Unadilla before.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
And, if I knew James, I'd tell him to go sign a contract with FasstCo and get some flex bars. They helped my wrist substantially - and I believe James and I broke the same bone.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
robwbright said:
Please. Ride what you brung. James and his mechanics should be able to guess about suspension settings and be within 10% of perfect.

He's raced Unadilla before.

Not on a Yamaha.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
If true, so much for proudly representing your country in international competition.

The AMA should pass a rule if you ride the MXoN for another country or commonwealth, you permanently lose the right to ride for Team USA.

Your country is not a team you can change upon a whim.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Actually PR is a commonwealth and our Pres. is the Head of State. I've served with PR natives in the U.S. Armed Forces that were not citizens of the U.S. Bending the rules - not sure, we'll have to see what the governing body of MXofNations says. So, maybe a new thread to see what people think - should he or should he not?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I used to live in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and even rode dirt bikes there (OK, it was only an '80 DT100). If I had the skills to ride MXoN, I would not consider it unless selected for Team USA.

Puerto Ricans are in fact US citizens.

IMO, in international competition, you should represent where you reside, your place of birth or where you hold citizenship.

Seems to me Bubba resides in the USA, was born in the USA and holds US citizenship. IMO, he should ride for the USA or not at all.

This year, it's not at all. If he does not like that, he can step up and earn a spot next year.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
James and his manager Larry Brooks have stated that they would not consider riding for Puerto Rico as an option.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Chili said:
James and his manager Larry Brooks have stated that they would not consider riding for Puerto Rico as an option.

:cool:

Glad to hear it.

I'll be even happier to hear that JBS will ride the full national series in 2011, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…